I have a laptop with a

Found 21st Jul
i5 3230m cpu. I am looking to upgrade, and I have seen 2 laptops i think could be ok.My concern is that i dont think they are better in cpu rankings.
Laptop 1 is powered by a i3-6006U
Laptop 2 is powered by a i3 7100u
If i am reading the bench marks right these will preform worse than my current laptop?
Can someone advice me?
Community Updates
AskLaptop
6 Comments
The U series are the ultra low power range so they generally take a performance hit in exchange for their low power consumption. Where is your current laptop letting you down, what do you use it for and what's your current budget?
I guess multitasking. It really could do with a ram upgrade i feel. That might help matters..My budget is around £300 to £400 maybe a little more. Iam not after a game changer with great graphics sound,it to be hd.ssd would be nice. I base allot of the decision on the workhorse. If the cpu gets a lowerpoint score, it is relatively better to go for it.
I know my budget isnt much. That's why i look at refurbs
That depends what benchmarks you're looking at and what type of workload you're using them for.

If you mean cpubenchmark.net then that's passmark and not a good reflection of everyday use. All else being equal the newer CPUs will be far better for things like video playback.
EndlessWaves7 h, 23 m ago

That depends what benchmarks you're looking at and what type of workload …That depends what benchmarks you're looking at and what type of workload you're using them for.If you mean cpubenchmark.net then that's passmark and not a good reflection of everyday use. All else being equal the newer CPUs will be far better for things like video playback.

If that's the case then You could say that about the N atom processors that are in the cheap laptops. But their schools are even higher. And if that's the case Why is there A CPU RankingOf Out of 1100 processes Then?
leeparsons5 h, 24 m ago

If that's the case then You could say that about the N atom processors …If that's the case then You could say that about the N atom processors that are in the cheap laptops. But their schools are even higher. And if that's the case Why is there A CPU RankingOf Out of 1100 processes Then?

Advertising. The benchark page is hosted by the company that makes and sells the benchmark software. The more people who know about it, the more people who buy the software

Find benchmarks of stuff that's relevant to you. Ideally the exact programs you use and how you use them, but something that tests similar uses is often the best thing available.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants