I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it likely / unlikely sky will replace the power cable or both from experience?

Found 23rd Oct 2017
Just wanted a bit of vice before joining the phone queue lol
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
If its over 12 months old, sky very very rarely replace anything free. Worth asking but wouldnt hold your breath.
Isnt it just a standard cable you can get for a quid or so?

ebay.co.uk/itm…~xV
No sky will not replace u will have to buy the latest router off them, better off just buying the lead from local electrical shop or eBay think they only a quid or two
Is this a router or a modem ?
kester762 h, 45 m ago

Is this a router or a modem ?

I've been with sky broadband since they launched and I'm not aware of them ever having done anything but routers.
They wont repair or replace it but you could ask for new router if you take out a new 12 months contract with them. My old router became faulty and this was how i got a new router from them for free. I just had to pay for postage
craigstephens3 h, 7 m ago

I've been with sky broadband since they launched and I'm not aware of them …I've been with sky broadband since they launched and I'm not aware of them ever having done anything but routers.

Yeah just checked and it's a combined modem/router.
surely the basic equipment required to access the internet should be covered by the ISP, and they should repair or replace if necessary.

whether they are forthcoming about it is another matter.
adamspencer956 h, 46 m ago

surely the basic equipment required to access the internet should be …surely the basic equipment required to access the internet should be covered by the ISP, and they should repair or replace if necessary.whether they are forthcoming about it is another matter.

All sky equipment is only guaranteed for 12 months as you own it. They even tried to charge me for a replacement for my faulty router despite me only being a customer 6 months! No Internet for 3 weeks so soon left after 12 months was up,
Found a charger for an optical drive, I'm all sorted now cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions