I have a question about Xbox One Gamesharing..

Hi guys.

Basically i am wanting to share my account with a friend so we can both play FIFA.. My little brother also plays on my console on his own gamertag. If i set my home xbox to my friends so he can play my fifa, will my brother still be able to play it on his gamertag on my xbox or will he need to play it on my gamertag?

I hope that make sense.

Cheers,

12 Comments

He can still play it on your xbox on a different gamertag.

Original Poster

len_ere

He can still play it on your xbox on a different gamertag.

This is great news, he will be a happy boy. Thanks buddy.

No problem. I do this now!

Original Poster

len_ere

No problem. I do this now!

Cant believe me and my mate have been buying the same games for so long separately when we could have done this all along! Would have saved me a fortune!

Its what me and my mate do...buy credit of cdkeys then buy if from the store..

I think that's wrong. If the digital game is on your account and you set your xbox as your mates home xbox I think your brother won't be able to play it.

LivingDeadMatty

I think that's wrong. If the digital game is on your account and you set … I think that's wrong. If the digital game is on your account and you set your xbox as your mates home xbox I think your brother won't be able to play it.

​livingdeadmatty is right

Original Poster

Shaftymorgan

​livingdeadmatty is right

Oh right... I thought it seemed a bit to easy!

Alexthegreat

​Yeah it can be tricky to get your head round at first. Basically if your xbox is set to your mates anyone who signs into that xbox can play your mates games and the games that are on the account that is signed in. Now if you loose internet you can only play the games that are on the account who's set the xbox as home.

Yeah, I think LivingDeadMatty is right as well.

What he'd need to do is sign in on your xbox with your gamertag, load up the game then sign in with his gamertag, whilst making sure you're gamertag is still logged in.

Let your mate make your account his home xbox. Your little can only access the game by first logging into your account and then logging into his own keeping your account logged in. However the acheievments and save data will only be on his account and will not affect yours

Alexthegreat

​only if you signed in at the same time as your brother
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. O2 data roaming in France44
    2. Cakes from ASDA11
    3. £18 per month sim only deal 25gb with EE good or bad?44
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases11

See more discussions