Groups

I have a T-Mobile internet dongle - can I use that sim card in my N95 to go on the net?

As above really.

I have a T-Mobile dongle on contract that I plug into my laptop to surf the internet.

Can I put the dongle sim card in my Nokia N95 and use the internet on my phone for free (as on the contract)?

I have tried searching Google but can't find anything - I don't know the correct terminology to search for LOL!

Thank yous x

6 Comments

Yes, however you may get charged for it depending on the connection parameters that the dongle uses and the one that your phone will use to connect. If the connection on your dongle is recognised as usage within your your SIM tariff then you've won a watch and can use it. You will need to watch out for usage limits on your SIM tariff though.

If your SIM tariff doesnt recognise the connection parameters that the dongle uses then you will get charged for using it.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;8232383

Yes, however you may get charged for it depending on the connection … Yes, however you may get charged for it depending on the connection parameters that the dongle uses and the one that your phone will use to connect. If the connection on your dongle is recognised as usage within your your SIM tariff then you've won a watch and can use it. You will need to watch out for usage limits on your SIM tariff though.If your SIM tariff doesnt recognise the connection parameters that the dongle uses then you will get charged for using it.:)

Thanks for replying

So, do you know if there's any way of setting these parameters or at least finding out in advance if it will be free?

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Mrs.Z;8232696

Thanks for replying :)So, do you know if there's any way of setting these … Thanks for replying :)So, do you know if there's any way of setting these parameters or at least finding out in advance if it will be free?Thanks again :thumbsup:

Other than trying it I have no idea. the only reason I know is that I tried it with my O2 sim . Sorry!

I would imagine you can use it HSPDA mode in the N95 as the n95 acts like a dongle then. EG you cannot now make phone calls whilst that sim is in your n95.

use nokia n95 as hsdpa modem google.co.uk/

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ess

Original Poster

dontasciime;8233162

I would imagine you can use it HSPDA mode in the N95 as the n95 acts … I would imagine you can use it HSPDA mode in the N95 as the n95 acts like a dongle then. EG you cannot now make phone calls whilst that sim is in your n95.use nokia n95 as hsdpa modem http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=use+nokia+n95+as+hsdpa+modem&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fc8689580f26behttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Speed_Downlink_Packet_Access

Excellent, will take a look - thank you :-D

Mrs.Z;8238205

Excellent, will take a look - thank you :-D

please still take into account what StevenA2000_uk below said though. Search around some of the gsm forums for a definitive answer

StevenA2000_uk;8232383

Yes, however you may get charged for it depending on the connection … Yes, however you may get charged for it depending on the connection parameters that the dongle uses and the one that your phone will use to connect. If the connection on your dongle is recognised as usage within your your SIM tariff then you've won a watch and can use it. You will need to watch out for usage limits on your SIM tariff though.If your SIM tariff doesnt recognise the connection parameters that the dongle uses then you will get charged for using it.:)

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????23
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      3. Good Sim only deals??611
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424

See more discussions