I have an amazing price error with Play.com, should I post and risk not recieving it?

I have an amazing price error with Play.com, should I post and risk not recieving it?

If I post loads of orders will go through, some greedy so and so's will order 40 of them and they will reject all orders or should I keep my order of 1 and wait and see if I receive it?

74 Comments

keep it to yourself until you recieve then post it, that way at least one person gets the deal
Edited by: "leemole101" 26th Sep 2010

personally, i would order it first then wait till it dispatched, then post. Otherwise the greedy sods you get around here will buy daft amounts to ebay, then no one will benefit, especially not you.

I think u've just made a lot of people curious to see what it is.. also i am going to go randomly have a look hahaha.

your choice really, u know the risk and the fact that unless it is being dispatched play can always cancel the purchase for whatever reason

Banned

yeh keep it to yourself

PM me then

Original Poster

I had a great price error honoured on play.com recently for Windows 7 at £11, posted it on here and they got lots of orders some of which were cancelled, however I recevied mine.

Looks like the overall opinion is keep it to myself until received.

Go on, send a few of us a PM!!

You've got everybody intrigued now, giv us a clue :-P

Original Poster

AgentSingh

Go on, send a few of us a PM!!

Who do I know to PM and who not tho if I decided to do that? how do I know you wont buy 40 of the item?

Original Poster

Good point made by Tinks

nwressell

Who do I know to PM and who not tho if I decided to do that? how do I … Who do I know to PM and who not tho if I decided to do that? how do I know you wont buy 40 of the item?

Look at the people who have been good to the site and not the non posters with zero feedback!

Id be interested in the deal if you care to share via pm!

wow windows 7 for £11! Well done,

no one will blame you for wanting to get the item first before posting it

nwressell

Good point made by Tinks

+1 i agree!!

aww i wanna know lol

nwressell

Who do I know to PM and who not tho if I decided to do that? how do I … Who do I know to PM and who not tho if I decided to do that? how do I know you wont buy 40 of the item?

I see where you are coming from - I guess its hard to trust anyone, like Tinkerbell28 mentioned. I won't try and persuade you - if you want to tell people, I'm sure you will, when you think the times right...

If its a cheap tv can ya PM me lol, looking for one for xmas for the weans. :oD

wonkey

Look at the people who have been good to the site and not the non posters … Look at the people who have been good to the site and not the non posters with zero feedback!Id be interested in the deal if you care to share via pm!

Good point Wonkey! But its OP's call...

AgentSingh

Good point Wonkey! But its OP's call...

I agree!

I would keep it to yourself until your order has gone through and then if you want post it or PM it to whoever you want.

There has been deals posted on here before that have been price error and some stupid people then phoned the companies to see if it was true and ruined it for everyone instead of keeping quiet and seeing if they got it!

Hope it works out for you!! Im always looking out for a good bargin but unfortunately some people who look at this site but dont post/register ruin it for quite a lot of people
Edited by: "mishmash09" 26th Sep 2010

Original Poster

I think it all makes sence, wait till posted then inform all.

Hold fire until you have a dispatched email. Fingers crossed this will be Monday. Then you can post and we can all take advantage.

Someone posted it HERE IT IS X)

Syzable

Someone posted it HERE IT IS X)

lmao!! oohhh hope I managed to get my order in quick enough before this obvious misprice is spotted X)

Original Poster

You got me tee hee!

+ 3

(Or however many have already said good comment!)
xxxx

tinkerbell28

Honestly, I'd wait, with HUKD the way it is now it's no longer a … Honestly, I'd wait, with HUKD the way it is now it's no longer a "community".Get yours then post as you'll get people who are not even registered looking and you will get people who order loads and spoil it for everyone.

mishmash09

There has been deals posted on here before that have been price error and … There has been deals posted on here before that have been price error and some stupid people then phoned the companies to see if it was true and ruined it for everyone

Thats happened a few times. There are some dumb people about.

Keep shtum untill you get yours, then let the hoards of people try and get in on too.
Edited by: "apduk" 26th Sep 2010

cloudthecat

+ 3(Or however many have already said good comment!)xxxx

+4

Very true, I don't understand why you can't just get one of the item and just enjoy it i'm sure you can find money other ways.

But yeah keep us updated OP i'm curious to know too
Edited by: "Met-Cast" 26th Sep 2010

hate threads like this, like saying to some i know this and that but i cant tell you, wwll why say out in the first place... grr lol..

me me me im a good girl.

i wouldnt tell anyone, theres too many greedy people on here that cant just order 1 and get a bargain, they have to spoil it all by ordering 50, stupid t**ts ruining it for everyone

Hot deals and misprices generally last for a limited time irrespective of posted in HUKD or not. Its very kind of so many members posting it on here as and when they know, keeps the site going. There will be always someones who abuses it and buys in bulk though, can't help it. However if everyone who spots a deal waited to get their order before posting it on here, this site will soon become ColdUKDeals, just a thought.

Saying that posting your deal or not is entirely upto you OP.

If it goes through and is as good as you say you should reveal clues so the amount of orders is staggered over those that can be bothered to work it out (until someone just posts it).

i promise to only order one
OP if you d decide to share, i would appreciate a pm. thanks

How about a category? If it is women's clothes I won't be ordering any!

Go on let it out please....

wait till its dispatched

thanks for the PM OP I've just ordered 50 of them to sell on ebay

I ll try to analyze....If the Op think poeple can order 40, then I am assuming its not electrical or something costing about say £100.... I ll try snuff it out...

Sharks circling!! ALERT

Keep it to yourself nwr.

Post to tell us what it was - out of interest - when you've got it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1853
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764048
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2023
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions