Groups

I have firm strawberries

Does this mean they are not ripe?? they're almost crunchy.. They're bright red...not green.

14 Comments

strawberries should be soft,but not too soft

firm melons are good tho:whistling:

Original Poster

barky;7832328

strawberries should be soft,but not too softfirm melons are good … strawberries should be soft,but not too softfirm melons are good tho:whistling:

I might have to microwave them I think.. Agreed firm melons are pretty good.

Leave them in a bowl with sugar sprinkled on top, that might soften them up a bit.

They are out of season so chances are yours are from Egypt or somewhere - they are never as nice as the british ones.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;7832446

Is your fridge too cold? :w00t:

lol!!!

Original Poster

BabySmurfette;7832436

They are out of season so chances are yours are from Egypt or somewhere - … They are out of season so chances are yours are from Egypt or somewhere - they are never as nice as the british ones.

You're right i checked the box.. from egypt... and apparently the farmers name is freshbox... which doesn't sound very egyptian to me.. but hey ho...

Jed Maxwell;7832465

You're right i checked the box.. from egypt... and apparently the farmers … You're right i checked the box.. from egypt... and apparently the farmers name is freshbox... which doesn't sound very egyptian to me.. but hey ho...

thats just too ironic

Sounds erotic...nothing like a fresh box

put them on the window sill

Banned

the farmers name on asdas strawbs are technogreen lol

Original Poster

hncb0809;7833405

the farmers name on asdas strawbs are technogreen lol

these are asda strawberries! hmmmmm.... I feel im being lied to

stop buting stuff out of season thing like this taste much better in season and the carbon foot print on these must be huge!!!

I love to eat things in season i enjoy them more and we do not have to have everything all the time!!!!

They will have probably been in cold storage for ages always stick to apples/pears etc in winter all others seem not to taste right

newbie1001;7835518

They will have probably been in cold storage for ages always stick to … They will have probably been in cold storage for ages always stick to apples/pears etc in winter all others seem not to taste right

true
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions