Groups

I have had a slow leak behind my washing machine

I have had a slow leak behind my washing machine and now i have mould on the wall behind it. The leak is now fixed and i have I have the damp proof paint but i need advice as to what to wash the wall with to clear the problem. I have put the de-humidifier in there and will let that run for a few days. A friend suggested washing the wall with a solution of white vinegar and bicarb? any ideas?.

8 Comments

vinegar or bleach in the water

A weak bleach solution and allow it to dry on it

tea tree oil if you want something non chemical... bleach if you arent fussed.

either way you'll prolly have to repeat maybe once a month.

hope this helps xx

or u could use a W/C like everyone else....

but seriously, wipe down with bleachy water, then let it completely dry (use a free standing heater then use the dehumidifier to finish the job) to save on the costs of damp proof paint, use a really cheap white gloss (ie diy store own brand) as it will do the same thing, then paint over the top. Remember to check after a month to ensure no sign of return

Yeah, bleach all the way as said above.

Original Poster

Thanks for all of your advice, rep left. I will give it a go today, oh joy! lol

*scooby*;5194728

Thanks for all of your advice, rep left. I will give it a go today, oh … Thanks for all of your advice, rep left. I will give it a go today, oh joy! lol

good luck with it hon x x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767342
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047131

See more discussions