Groups

I have lost my bottom tool bar thingy

At the bottom of my screen there is the toolbar that has the shutdown icon thing. It has gone. Someone has stolen it, all I can see at the bottom is my background startup screen. How am I going to turn the computer off when I need too????? Help please!

11 Comments

Press F11

Original Poster

snootin;1870364

Press F11

Okay! Have pressed F11 and the top one disappeared, I now have 100% at the bottom and nothing else. Someone has still nicked the shutdown bit.

Ctrl Alt Delete to get task manager and then choose options

Mine's done this before, I pressed control + alt + del, to get the Windows Task Manager and you can close down from there. When I switched back on the bar had reappeared! Good luck!

kensington143;1870392

Whoops you were quicker than me!

Original Poster

kensington143;1870392

Thanking you!!!:thumbsup: Rep added!!!

Original Poster

chrysha;1870420

Thanks!!! Rep added too!!!!:thumbsup:

chrysha;1870420

Great minds think alike
    :thumbsup:

kensington143;1870440

Great minds think alike:thumbsup:

Indeed they do!

you could also press the windows key on your keyboard, that would only get you into your start menu though

kensington143;1870440

Great minds think alike:thumbsup:

if they were that great they would know alt+f4 closes active apps first so you dont shut down and lose all your work
    alt+4 ftw, try it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767404
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1010
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)63484
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7211361

See more discussions