Groups

I have not received the money i deposited into my bank account?

Hi there. I recently went to TSB and deposited a sum of money. Silly me I forgot to get the receipt. After that i asked for a statement, and i had a quick glance at it not noticing my deposit had not shown on it. What can i do now, as I havent even got proof of giving them the money

14 Comments

You can request they check the cctv if you know the approx time.

Original Poster

wolf359

You can request they check the cctv if you know the approx time.

yes thanks i might try that. Is it possible for me to claim this at a different location TSB as the one I gave it to is out of my way

They have an audit of all cash transactions, so you need to go back and tell them what happened and they can check the till for you and credit your account. I used to work for a bank (_;)

Original Poster

iliketodeal

They have an audit of all cash transactions, so you need to go back and … They have an audit of all cash transactions, so you need to go back and tell them what happened and they can check the till for you and credit your account. I used to work for a bank (_;)

thanks. Could I do this at a different location to the one I gave the money to

zeeshansalmanmujtaba

thanks. Could I do this at a different location to the one I gave the … thanks. Could I do this at a different location to the one I gave the money to

You can, but they would have to speak to the branch you visited and then they would do the necessary checks. The easiest way is to go back to the original branch, or speak to telephone banking and they will get in touch with the branch and let you know when the money has been credited.

Did you notice name of the cashier? Each employee has to tally counter and hence speak to the Branch Manager if they found any excess.
    Edited by: "adi0604" 6th Oct 2016

I had that before when I paid in to my Natwest account and the cashier said it won't appear in your account today (I paid in at 4.45pm), I think your freaking out over nothing.

Was the money legit?

RiverDragon8

I had that before when I paid in to my Natwest account and the cashier … I had that before when I paid in to my Natwest account and the cashier said it won't appear in your account today (I paid in at 4.45pm), I think your freaking out over nothing.

I pay into my Lloyds account regularly and they funds are immediately deposited, no exceptions when paying in cash. They manually apply the credit when you stand and wait.

I've only ever once had an issue and that was ages ago when they had to physically write down your account number and scan it through a machine. I noticed a few months after when checking my receipts (I always get a receipt) and apparently the machine read my 7 as a 1 or vise versa.

To answer your question, you'll need to get in contact with them.
    Edited by: "joshp" 6th Oct 2016

Original Poster

RiverDragon8

I had that before when I paid in to my Natwest account and the cashier … I had that before when I paid in to my Natwest account and the cashier said it won't appear in your account today (I paid in at 4.45pm), I think your freaking out over nothing.

I paid it in on monday buddy. I didnt receive a receipt either

Original Poster

tempt

Was the money legit?

lol yes it was

Hi, I would speak to your local branch, it may be possible that the money has been paid into the wrong account by mistake (ie person who that cashier served before you) they should be able to resolve any issues like this for you

zeeshansalmanmujtaba

I paid it in on monday buddy. I didnt receive a receipt either

I thought you paid in today, my apologise.

Banned

it's normal for the bank to ask if you want a receipt.
    you can ways ring the bank.
    I don't understand why you don't want to travel to the bank, if you have lost money then visit it, it's like me going to a different Argos to pick up my order when i reserved it in another, sounds silly plus the bank might ask you anyway to visit original bank
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions