I have received the new V5C to enable me to put my personal number plate on my current car. How many days can I legally drive on my old plates as I will not have an opportunity to get them made up until the weekend.

7 replies
Found 7th Nov 2016
Personalised number plates

7 Comments

AFAIK, you can't drive on old plate as it would be unregistered! maybe someone else could confirm.
a few years ago I bought private plates online for sons xmas, to avoid disappointment I did it late nov/early dec, they came through within a couple of days and we had to change straight away as above.

Original Poster

:-( ok thanks.

Yea u have to change straight away also tell insurance and stuff also finance company if it's on finance.

Original Poster

raggalistic

Yea u have to change straight away also tell insurance and stuff also … Yea u have to change straight away also tell insurance and stuff also finance company if it's on finance.

Ooh, I didn't think about the finance company...I knew about the insurance though.
Thanks for that :-)

I did this a few months ago, didn't change mine until a few days after getting the new V5 as I had to wait for the weekend. I realise its not technically legal but I thought it was worth the risk. Worst case I had all the paper work and would find it hard to believe a police officer would have a problem.
Not recommending you do the same but for me I couldn't do without the car for a week.

Original Poster

Deaa

I did this a few months ago, didn't change mine until a few days after … I did this a few months ago, didn't change mine until a few days after getting the new V5 as I had to wait for the weekend. I realise its not technically legal but I thought it was worth the risk. Worst case I had all the paper work and would find it hard to believe a police officer would have a problem. Not recommending you do the same but for me I couldn't do without the car for a week.

Nice disclaimer there at the end haha

sammigee75

Nice disclaimer there at the end haha

Haha recommending anything illegal doesn't go down well on here!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. MacBook22
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent44
    3. Full car respray55
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller33

See more discussions