I have received this fake email supposedly from paypal

21 replies
Found 18th Feb
What's the point of this email when they say login into paypal do not reply to this email. have they hacked my phone so they can access my password when I log in to the real paypal or some other way they want scam me.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
21 Comments

Any email that asks you to log into an account via a link is a scam. You will be handing over all your details to the scammer and therefore they can then access your account.
Always log in via a safe/secure site and never via a link.

There is phishing link; if you try to log in using that link, all info you enter they have it. Just delete it and forget it, no way try to log in using link they sent. This scam is old as PayPal is....but some naive people still give all details....

Just google "phishing"

When I get these, I let the companies in question know. This helps them monitor and close down links for PayPal it's [email protected]paypal.com

gdawg

When I get these, I let the companies in question know. This helps them … When I get these, I let the companies in question know. This helps them monitor and close down links for PayPal it's [email protected]

..... or you could try [email protected]paypal.com (_;)

Don't Google "spoof" in Australian slang..

Original Poster

rhinopaul

Any email that asks you to log into an account via a link is a scam. You … Any email that asks you to log into an account via a link is a scam. You will be handing over all your details to the scammer and therefore they can then access your account.Always log in via a safe/secure site and never via a link.

​I wouldn't do that but just wondering why they say log in without actually saying click on this are they getting a bit clever.

MynameisM

​I wouldn't do that but just wondering why they say log in without a … ​I wouldn't do that but just wondering why they say log in without actually saying click on this are they getting a bit clever.

They still give you links despite saying that. The first being " go to resolution centre" then "Help & Contact" then "Login your account now"
They are obviously hoping people will use one of those by duping people by saying "go to the Paypal website" It will make them think its a genuine email.

Ellie.Phant

..... or you could try [email protected](_;)

PayPal doesn't really care. I have forwarded that phishing mail, and after 15 days it was still working...

gdawg

When I get these, I let the companies in question know. This helps them … When I get these, I let the companies in question know. This helps them monitor and close down links for PayPal it's [email protected]

Rimi

PayPal doesn't really care. I have forwarded that phishing mail, and … PayPal doesn't really care. I have forwarded that phishing mail, and after 15 days it was still working...

Yes send them to them but not a thing they can do about it anyway. Just make sure you don't click on links or reply.

gdawg

Rimi

PayPal doesn't really care. I have forwarded that phishing mail, and … PayPal doesn't really care. I have forwarded that phishing mail, and after 15 days it was still working...

Every time I've forwarded an address and description to them they've emailed me back thanking me

LeahMinttoutou

Every time I've forwarded an address and description to them they've … Every time I've forwarded an address and description to them they've emailed me back thanking me

​same here

waynehardy

​same here

Yep, thanks is all they say. Link working 2 or more weeks....

My god after over 10 years of this going around the are still people that fall for it.

Rimi

Yep, thanks is all they say. Link working 2 or more weeks....

Paypal doesn't control the internet, they can't just wave their hand and take any web site offline. They have to contact the company hosting it and ask. If the company refuses then they have to go to a higher authority and legal systems aren't particularly fast.

They'll probably do other things as well such as notify big e-mail providers so that the scam e-mails are automatically flagged as spam.

All good companies call your name, only scammers use your email address, like dear ABC or dear [email protected]

Original Poster

Yes sadly they do. it's probably because there some whom haven't seen them before or some u have recently started using emails etc. not everyone was born or used the internet at the same time.

Banned

I received a text message from eBay apparently saying that "I have been suspended from my account". to avoid this they sent a link to click so I can avoid the suspension.
I then went on my eBay app and so no message. thank God I thought something might be fishy but eBay always sends me email and app notification whenever they contact me. so I was saved, but some people might have got their accounts hacked

Banned

PulisOut

My god after over 10 years of this going around the are still people that … My god after over 10 years of this going around the are still people that fall for it.

​well some people might have had emails 20 years ago but received a email now .
iv never got one but iv received a text.
possibly because of gumtree, I don't know because I hardly get any texts like that.

saphiryman

All good companies call your name, only scammers use your email address, … All good companies call your name, only scammers use your email address, like dear ABC or dear [email protected]

Steam refer to me by an email address I haven't used in over 10 years. When they started only email existed and when they added the account name afterwards they copied these emails addys from the original accounts. Whilst I can change my email I cant change my account name.

However, noted that I must ignore their special offers going forward. If only I had known this rule sooner in life and realised what scammers they were - damn it X)

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best/cheapest music service56
    2. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?311
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?812
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…33

See more discussions