Groups

I hope and pray this lady recovers and gets the love, care and attention she needs

Banned
    Article below

57 Comments

8 and a half hours, THEN she jumps...

Original Poster Banned

jasonodell;7540581

8 and a half hours, THEN she jumps...

It is a long time is't it.

My fella wasn't happy about being held up on the motorway.

I hope she recovers though.

Seems to be some what the area. My friends talked a woman down last year around that area. :-(

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;7540633

Seems to be some what the area. My friends talked a woman down last year … Seems to be some what the area. My friends talked a woman down last year around that area. :-(

I know the new part of the M60 between heaton park and ashton has lots of these incidents, unfortunately.

Original Poster Banned

Ben3110;7540634

What a nutter, she decided to jump

I hope you or your family never suffer from depression.

It is not a nice thing and it doesn't help when people name call :roll:

Banned

No sympathy AT ALL. Not even the slightest hint of giving a damn. Just out to cause as many problems as possible for innocent others, just utterly utterly selfish.

(You know what I want to say as well... but I better not say THAT because I'll get suspended, but you can guess)

Banned

DLM;7540664

I hope you or your family never suffer from depression.It is not a nice … I hope you or your family never suffer from depression.It is not a nice thing and it doesn't help when people name call :roll:

Depression doesn't cause you to ALWAYS find the nearest motorway bridge does it? Go somewhere quiet if you are really gonna do it.

Don't cause problems for millions of others with your selfish actions.

inb4 this thread goes the same way as the avonmouth bridge jumper thread

i hope she is ok depression is a terrible thing hope some of the negative posters on here never have to suffer from it

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;7540715

Depression doesn't cause you to ALWAYS find the nearest motorway bridge … Depression doesn't cause you to ALWAYS find the nearest motorway bridge does it? Go somewhere quiet if you are really gonna do.Don't cause problems for millions of others with your selfish actions.inb4 this thread goes the same way as the avonmouth bridge jumper thread

Maybe she thought it would be the quickest way.

My friend did his wrists and then hung himself.

The first plan mustn't have worked.

Original Poster Banned

louloublue;7540724

i hope she is ok depression is a terrible thing hope some of the negative … i hope she is ok depression is a terrible thing hope some of the negative posters on here never have to suffer from it

Me too, unfortunately it is a wicked illness and a lot of people are burdened by it x x

Original Poster Banned

killabyte;7540730

a nutter going to the "Nut Bank bridge" to jump...makes sense! :roll:

Would you call your sister a nutter if she did the same :thinking:

Banned

DLM;7540726

Maybe she thought it would be the quickest way.My friend did his wrists … Maybe she thought it would be the quickest way.My friend did his wrists and then hung himself.The first plan mustn't have worked.

Sorry to hear that - as stated my problem is not with those who kill themselves, its those "lower than the low" who decide they are gonna screw over millions of others on the way.

Banned

vibeone;7540715

Depression doesn't cause you to ALWAYS find the nearest motorway bridge … Depression doesn't cause you to ALWAYS find the nearest motorway bridge does it? Go somewhere quiet if you are really gonna do it.Don't cause problems for millions of others with your selfish actions.inb4 this thread goes the same way as the avonmouth bridge jumper thread

It's a question of perspective. For a person to be suicidal means they have already contemplated something most people couldn't - inconveniencing others doesn't' come close to that.

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;7540759

Sorry to hear that - as stated my problem is not with those who kill … Sorry to hear that - as stated my problem is not with those who kill themselves, its those "lower than the low" who decide they are gonna screw over millions of others on the way.

Maybe she had done her wrists, taken the pills etc..

How do you know that her father had not jumped at the same place last year.

vibeone;7540759

Sorry to hear that - as stated my problem is not with those who kill … Sorry to hear that - as stated my problem is not with those who kill themselves, its those "lower than the low" who decide they are gonna screw over millions of others on the way.

dont think that s your only problem
    someone jumps of a bridge and the only thing you can say is its made it incovenant for people

Banned

louloublue;7540812

dont think that s your only problemsomeone jumps of a bridge and the only … dont think that s your only problemsomeone jumps of a bridge and the only thing you can say is its made it incovenant for people

Thats exactly what I'm saying yes. Well that and its incredibly selfish. You are welcome to your opinion but I don't consider that a "problem".

Why should others have to suffer for 1 person causing a scene?

Banned

DLM;7540785

Maybe she had done her wrists, taken the pills etc..How do you know that … Maybe she had done her wrists, taken the pills etc..How do you know that her father had not jumped at the same place last year.

Well with the greatest respect to you, and seriously not trolling mods - I don't care if he did or not. Why should I?

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;7540876

Thats exactly what I'm saying yes. Well that and its incredibly selfish. … Thats exactly what I'm saying yes. Well that and its incredibly selfish. You are welcome to your opinion but I don't consider that a "problem".Why should others have to suffer for 1 person causing a scene?

VO, don't bother posting in this thread if you are just going to wind people up.

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;7540884

Well with the greatest respect to you, and seriously not trolling mods - … Well with the greatest respect to you, and seriously not trolling mods - I don't care if he did or not. Why should I?

Maybe you are made of stone :thinking:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7540762

It's a question of perspective. For a person to be suicidal means they … It's a question of perspective. For a person to be suicidal means they have already contemplated something most people couldn't - inconveniencing others doesn't' come close to that.

I'm aware of that. Thats why they should be left to it if out of harms way, or if causing mass inconvenicene and upset to people - a copper should annouce what is going to happen to the jumper, walk steadily over and grab him/her. If he/she jumps beforehand, so be it.

Just utterly selfish in my opinion to decide to do it on a motorway, and if they don't care, neither do I.

Banned

vibeone;7540906

I'm aware of that. Thats why they should be left to it if out of harms … I'm aware of that. Thats why they should be left to it if out of harms way, or if causing mass inconvenicene and upset to people - a copper should annouce what is going to happen to the jumper, walk steadily over and grab him/her. If he/she jumps beforehand, so be it.Just utterly selfish in my opinion to decide to do it on a motorway, and if they don't care, neither do I.

But if you don't care, why should they?

Banned

DLM;7540890

VO, don't bother posting in this thread if you are just going to wind … VO, don't bother posting in this thread if you are just going to wind people up.

DLM;7540900

Maybe you are made of stone :thinking:

First point: I'm allowed an opinion. You have no idea how wound up I get at the likes of you defending it. You know full well plenty of people agree with me, and plenty with you. Why resort to saying I'm winding people up?

Second point: Maybe I am. I have feelings, I care for people and I get upset. Just not in this case.

vibeone;7540759

Dunno why i'm discussing this with you since you're clearly a troll inciting a negative response, but your point is very simplistic. The reason being, if the inconvenience caused to others is "selfish", it can't be less selfish than the pain and trauma caused to her friends and family. I don't believe any of it is selfish at all since it is an illness, but if you genuinly do take that viewpoint you must believe that those like DTM's friend and others that kill themselves are also selfish.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7540922

But if you don't care, why should they?

Hence my solution in a previous post - attempt to rescue them, if they jump they jump. But it happens right away - no waiting for hours etc.

Banned

Snailman;7540926

Dunno why i'm discussing this with you since you're clearly a troll … Dunno why i'm discussing this with you since you're clearly a troll inciting a negative response, but your point is very simplistic. The reason being, if the inconvenience caused to others is "selfish", it can't be less selfish than the pain and trauma caused to her friends and family. I don't believe any of it is selfish at all since it is an illness, but if you genuinly do take that viewpoint you must believe that those like DTM's friend and others that kill themselves are also selfish.

I do.

People who kill themselves are selfish. For the very reasons you state, and I agree with.

BTW, You are clearly capable of discussing the topic like an adult, so please don't resort to calling me a troll. My views are 100% genuine, and I strongly disagree with others in this thread - I haven't said they are trolling though.

vibeone;7540959

I do.People who kill themselves are selfish. For the very reasons you … I do.People who kill themselves are selfish. For the very reasons you state, and I agree with. BTW, You are clearly capable of discussing the topic like an adult, so please don't resort to calling me a troll. My views are 100% genuine, and I strongly disagree with others in this thread - I haven't said they are trolling though.

Glad you cleared that up, it was just this post contradicted that in my eyes:

vibeone;7540759

vibeone;7540959

I do.People who kill themselves are selfish. For the very reasons you … I do.People who kill themselves are selfish. For the very reasons you state, and I agree with. BTW, You are clearly capable of discussing the topic like an adult, so please don't resort to calling me a troll. My views are 100% genuine, and I strongly disagree with others in this thread - I haven't said they are trolling though.

I think the problem is when you suffer from a mental disorder/condition you do not think in a logical and reasoned way. So I think if unfair to label this person as selfish. Her though pattens would be totally different to norm.

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;7540959

How about you go to one of these meetings:-

uk-sobs.org.uk/gro…htm

Tell somebody there that their loved one was selfish.

I am sure you will be shown the door.

Banned

vibeone;7540959

All humans are selfish. Suicide is never an easy choice, but it is no more selfish than many other actions one might take.

Banned

dananana;7541011

I think the problem is when you suffer from a mental disorder/condition … I think the problem is when you suffer from a mental disorder/condition you do not think in a logical and reasoned way. So I think if unfair to label this person as selfish. Her though pattens would be totally different to norm.

That's close to it. 'Reasonable behaviour' is a subjective term. If you're suicidal, then to you it might be the most reasonable and rational course of action to take.

Original Poster Banned

FilthAndFurry;7541014

All humans are selfish. Suicide is never an easy choice, but it is no … All humans are selfish. Suicide is never an easy choice, but it is no more selfish than many other actions one might take.

I don't think my friend was selfish, I just think he was very ill.

He obviously could not see a way through his problems and decided to take his life.

I hope he is at peace now.

R.I.P. Keith

dananana;7541011

I think the problem is when you suffer from a mental disorder/condition … I think the problem is when you suffer from a mental disorder/condition you do not think in a logical and reasoned way. So I think if unfair to label this person as selfish. Her though pattens would be totally different to norm.

Well said!!

My brother lives with mental illness,he is one of the lucky ones though,many of his friends who suffered similar illness were not able to live with the torture it can bring and chose to end their lives in similar ways.:-(

Original Poster Banned

muckypup;7541081

Well said!!My brother lives with mental illness,he is one of the lucky … Well said!!My brother lives with mental illness,he is one of the lucky ones though,many of his friends who suffered similar illness were not able to live with the torture it can bring and chose to end their lives in similar ways.:-(

Aw, hope the new year brings happiness to you and your family x x

DLM;7541094

Aw, hope the new year brings happiness to you and your family x x

Thank you sweetie.......and the same to you

As I say,he is lucky,he got the help that was needed many years ago(he is now 45) through my Mum being a pushy bint lol but many are not so fortunate,misdiagnosis and lack of funds and facilities for those needing help.

I sometimes feel sad for the person that he once could have been,but mostly I am thankful and admire him for the gentle soul that he now is and managing to live independently despite the awful thoughts that I know float around in his head.

Those who have no experience or understanding of these terrible illnesses often make crass statements with regards to selfishness,that is just ignorance on their part...they should be thankful that their loved ones are not affected.

Original Poster Banned

muckypup;7541225

Thank you sweetie.......and the same to you :)As I say,he is lucky,he got … Thank you sweetie.......and the same to you :)As I say,he is lucky,he got the help that was needed many years ago(he is now 45) through my Mum being a pushy bint lol but many are not so fortunate,misdiagnosis and lack of funds and facilities for those needing help.I sometimes feel sad for the person that he once could have been,but mostly I am thankful and admire him for the gentle soul that he now is and managing to live independently despite the awful thoughts that I know float around in his head.Those who have no experience or understanding of these terrible illnesses often make crass statements with regards to selfishness,that is just ignorance on their part...they should be thankful that their loved ones are not affected.

Aw, your mum sounds lovely.

I hope the awful thoughts are not tormenting him too much.

Take care of yourself and next time you see your brother give him a big hug x x

Banned

very sad, cant even comprehend what goes on to make someone do that, well i can slightly and thats bad enough, i hope she gets the help and support she needs

It is entirely possible that this lady was suffering from depression or mental illness, as so many posters on this thread have assumed, but there is no mention of it in the article.

chesso;7541837

It is entirely possible that this lady was suffering from depression or … It is entirely possible that this lady was suffering from depression or mental illness, as so many posters on this thread have assumed, but there is no mention of it in the article.

One does not normally throw themselves off a bridge whilst in the right frame of mind so fair assumptions in the circumstances.

chesso;7541837

It is entirely possible that this lady was suffering from depression or … It is entirely possible that this lady was suffering from depression or mental illness, as so many posters on this thread have assumed, but there is no mention of it in the article.

its a safe assumption,most people do not throw themselves off bridges in their normal day to day activities.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions