I just can't believe ................................................

32 replies
Found 29th Jan 2009
I have just checked my landline bill, which I must admit I don't do very often and was a bit alarmed at mobile costs for a 2 or 3 second call - 15p each time - this is me just ringing (2 or 3 rings) my mobile to find it!!

So it costs me 15p to find my mob, phoned Talktalk and apparently every time you dial a number and it rings you are charged - when did this happen!! I always thought you only got charged if you got an answer?? News to me!!

Learn something new every day!!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments

I didn't know that, maybe it's just talktalk raking in some more money

you get charged just for the other end to ring out? I dont believe that

voice mail yes, just ringing, no way

Its probably just talk talk, I call my phone all the time to find it ( and the kids phones too) and never get charged unless it goes to answer phone.

Just a thought when you call it, is is switched off and going straight to voicemail?

dont get charged for it with Virgin landline!
thats a rip off!

ring again incase someone else tells you osmething else-surely they can only charge is a line is connected and its not if its not answered.

MinstrelMan;4221648

you get charged just for the other end to ring out? I dont believe … you get charged just for the other end to ring out? I dont believe thatvoice mail yes, just ringing, no way

Didnt the original poster just say he rang talktalk and they told him he got charged for it? Everyone on here always trys to start arguments or they just use a bad choice of words.. :x

DannyGlover;4221736

Didnt the original poster just say he rang talktalk and they told him he … Didnt the original poster just say he rang talktalk and they told him he got charged for it? Everyone on here always trys to start arguments or they just use a bad choice of words.. :x

listen tool, am I trying to start an arguement? no I'm saying I dont believe it.

I'm well aware of what the OP stated and I seem to be in the majority who believe that OP is being ripped off by talk talk, so back down off your little soap box there.

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/pics/high_horse.jpg

Original Poster

Just rang again - as I know sometimes it does depend on who answers - and yes I do get charged for ringing my mob - a connection charge - told them I will be leaving Talktalk as that is ridiculous.

coriander64;4221976

Just rang again - as I know sometimes it does depend on who answers - and … Just rang again - as I know sometimes it does depend on who answers - and yes I do get charged for ringing my mob - a connection charge - told them I will be leaving Talktalk as that is ridiculous.

BUt you arent getting connected, surely they can only charge for actually connecting a call, ? Can you try complaining to Ofcom or something cos that really is a rip off. :-D

Banned

Most i would expect is 5p but i've never been charged on BT, Sky and virgin media.

kidcat;4222024

BUt you arent getting connected, surely they can only charge for … BUt you arent getting connected, surely they can only charge for actually connecting a call, ?

DannyGlover;4221736

Didnt the original poster just say he rang talktalk and they told him he … Didnt the original poster just say he rang talktalk and they told him he got charged for it? Everyone on here always trys to start arguments or they just use a bad choice of words.. :x

:roll::roll::roll:

Do u sometimes answer the mobile once u've found it to stop it ringing? Coz I do that sometimes

hannah19790;4222059

Do u sometimes answer the mobile once u've found it to stop it ringing? … Do u sometimes answer the mobile once u've found it to stop it ringing? Coz I do that sometimes

yeah but you sit there for 7 minutes talking to yourself

Original Poster

26 October 2008 10:11 07906xxxxxx T-MOBILE 00:00:01 0.15
06 November 2008 12:33 07906xxxxxx T-MOBILE 00:00:02 0.15

Just a couple of entries - time to change supplier I think!!

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!!

coriander64;4222138

26 October 2008 10:11 07906xxxxxx T-MOBILE 00:00:01 0.15 06 … 26 October 2008 10:11 07906xxxxxx T-MOBILE 00:00:01 0.15 06 November 2008 12:33 07906xxxxxx T-MOBILE 00:00:02 0.15 Just a couple of entries - time to change supplier I think!! Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!!

Can you be sure you've not answered it, becuase even only letting it ring for 1 sec wouldnt be long enough to hear your ringtone to establish its whereabouts.

I know some phones in order to reject a call actually answers it for a nano second before ending it.

MinstrelMan;4222064

yeah but you sit there for 7 minutes talking to yourself

lol, U bin watchin me :lol:

jellybaby22;4222085

yeah I do that...sometimes I even say hello...:lol:.... done that afew … yeah I do that...sometimes I even say hello...:lol:.... done that afew times....and feel really daft when i remember its me thats phoning me..... :lol:

haha yh me too:oops:

Wot's with the new avi btw, almost didn't recognise ya:p

Original Poster

It's usually just down the side of the settee cushion and as soon as it vibrates I know where it is - so sometimes I didn't need it to ring. I was always careful not to let it ring for very long. It's lessons learnt - don't loose mob and don't use your landline to locate it. :-D

Banned

Thanks for that .. i was under the same impression as you were...your not charged untill you answer the call...well ill have to make sure my fone is attached to me so i cant lose it and be charged for ringing it....what a rip off !!!!

jellybaby22;4222201

:lol: I actually answer the phone.say hello nd then worry that no one is … :lol: I actually answer the phone.say hello nd then worry that no one is answering...:lol: god Im dim...lost my dora avi....trying to find it but I cant..:cry:

Bet you get really excited when all u here is heavy breathing :lol:

Lost it? :? how??

You must of answered, you'll get charged a connection charge for actually connecting. The 1st one is for 1 sec the 2nd for 2 secs, if you didn't answer you must of hung up just as the answer machine kicks in.

jellybaby22;4222238

:lol: no all I can hear is my own voice..and I get confused..wondering … :lol: no all I can hear is my own voice..and I get confused..wondering why someone is pretending to be me......get enough heaving breathing phone calls from people on here ....:whistling: dont need to do it myself....:lol:

lol, Not sure if I'm jealous or not:w00t:

Banned

I wish car keys, remotes, my virginity and my wallet would ring so i could find them.

This is nonsense I am always calling my mobile to find it and also my kids mobiles to get them to call me back. I always put the phone down before it is answered and I have just checked my Talk Talk itemised bill and there are not any charges to any of our mobiles.

Original Poster

Give them a call and ask them. I have no reason to lie!!

************** BOGUS CLAIMS ****************

this is simply UNTRUE.

OFCOM does not allow for any operators to charge for any calls, unless the call is answered in person or by machine.

I have talk-cock , and ring people on mobiles all the time, if they dont answer within 6-7 rings i hang up , so i dont get connected to their voicemail etc

and have never ever in 4 years been charged for any non answered calls.

whoever the OP is here, its clearly a bogus claim.

plus what was said earlier is true, how could u know where your phone is in 1 sec ringing ?

1 sec ??? nonsense silly claim.

Banned

MinstrelMan;4221764

LOOOOOOOOOL

Original Poster

cats;4227473

************** BOGUS CLAIMS ****************this is simply UNTRUE.OFCOM … ************** BOGUS CLAIMS ****************this is simply UNTRUE.OFCOM does not allow for any operators to charge for any calls, unless the call is answered in person or by machine.I have talk-cock , and ring people on mobiles all the time, if they dont answer within 6-7 rings i hang up , so i dont get connected to their voicemail etcand have never ever in 4 years been charged for any non answered calls.whoever the OP is here, its clearly a bogus claim.

As I said why would I lie - as my title said - "I just can't believe! - should of just kept my thoughts to myself.

I agree with your comment that I didn't think I got charged until it went to voicemail but unfortunately I was just amazed by Talktalk comments to me hence my thread.

Banned

well in that case mate get on the phone to offcom and tell them what you have told us
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63655
    2. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    3. win free cash32
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines10

See more discussions