Groups

I just dropped my iphone 3gs :(

quite unhappy, i was sat on a high desk and straight onto concrete flooring. its cracked the bottom where the charger goes in but still works

gutted slightly! cost me £440

15 Comments

Banned

whoops

get insurance now and claim it after 2-3 weeks,

lol mines here lying down quietly in its leather case

[COLOR="Red"]Cry??[/COLOR]

unlucky

posted this from my 16gb Iphone 3gs

Banned

strike;6760893

unluckyposted this from my 16gb Iphone 3gs

with one of them rubber covers on it that stops it getting damaged when dropped ;-)

You might get it exchanged for free as there is a generic fault with them cracking where the charger goes and also where the volume buttons are. It's covered by Apple warranty and as long as you forget to tell them you dropped it there shouldn't be a problem. I've had a cracked one changed before under warranty.
    Apple send out an empty box, just back up your phone then wipe it. Pop it in the box and the courier will collect it, a few days later the courier will be back with a new one

reviewz;6761168

You might get it exchanged for free as there is a generic fault with them … You might get it exchanged for free as there is a generic fault with them cracking where the charger goes and also where the volume buttons are. It's covered by Apple warranty and as long as you forget to tell them you dropped it there shouldn't be a problem. I've had a cracked one changed before under warranty.Apple send out an empty box, just back up your phone then wipe it. Pop it in the box and the courier will collect it, a few days later the courier will be back with a new one

Do you know if this will work if you bought the iphone from abroad? Asking just incase.

Spriggan;6761184

Do you know if this will work if you bought the iphone from abroad? … Do you know if this will work if you bought the iphone from abroad? Asking just incase.

Unlikely

strike;6760893

ha

posting from my 32

zeus9876;6761241

haposting from my 32

DOUBLE HA,

posted this from my 64gb ipod touch.

Banned

strike;6760893

Gay

zeus9876;6761241

haposting from my 32

Gayer

MarzBarz;6761356

DOUBLE HA,posted this from my 64gb ipod touch.

Gayest

Original Poster

Well I'm posting this from my phone now, it still works! Lol resiliant thing!

I have insurance but it'd cost me £35 for a claim. It isn't defect free now before it was perfect lol

I might try one guys idea of takin in back to the shop, rep added 4 u I forgot ur name :-) I'll go into an apple
    shop

Tell them you use an official Apple dock and query if it has anything to do with that...ect...

If you deal with an Apple store they should replace it there and then but don't forget you'll need an appointment.

the porter;6768218

i have dropped my 3gs loads of times but the difference being mine was in … i have dropped my 3gs loads of times but the difference being mine was in a incase slider so totally unscathed get it replaced get a case a naked iphone is stunning but highly dangerous

what case are you using... I'm looking to get one for my 3G after reading this post..
    I'm currently looking at:-

cygnett.com/pro…htm

2scoops2

umm OK thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards23
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886411
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553817
      4. Feels weird!915

See more discussions