I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/landline - daylight robbery!

Found 23rd Oct 2017Edited by:"MRR_ltd"
This has been going on for nearly a year and I was unaware of it! I didn't think it would shoot up this much. Oh well, might try going through retention, otherwise any suggestions/advice on who to switch to and any deals going about? Thanks

Buggers didn't think they need to inform us in the spike of price either! No letters nothing.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Wait till you find out how to compare energy prices.
How were you unaware of it? Have they just sent you a bill for the past 12 months?
when was the last time you checked your bank statements... jeez...
13 Comments
They are terrible! On ending my broadband with Sky, they had taken the full payment for the month - I called and they said it would be automatically refunded in a month.

Being poor, I have a strict budget. I checked my account and no refund. I called, the service advisor said there didn’t appear to be any money to be refunded, until I pointed out the date of the over-payment, at which point he suddenly found that I was owed the money and arranged the money to be transferred.

This from a ‘reputable’ company. Such a shame many of the services we rely upon are monopolised by a few, huge multinationals companies.
Edited by: "lockwoodisbored" 23rd Oct 2017
Wait till you find out how to compare energy prices.
How were you unaware of it? Have they just sent you a bill for the past 12 months?
Original Poster
ipswich7845 s ago

How were you unaware of it? Have they just sent you a bill for the past 12 …How were you unaware of it? Have they just sent you a bill for the past 12 months?

Think it is all electronic, they don't even bother sending me a bill...
when was the last time you checked your bank statements... jeez...
Buggers didn't think they need to inform us in the spike of price either! No letters nothing.

it would have been on the contract which you agreed to.
RossD8929 m ago

it would have been on the contract which you agreed to.

^This. You only have yourself to blame i'm afraid.
You are told when you take out the contract that the price will go back to full price after 12 months... They don't have to send you anything.

You get the bills in your account, which you should check regularly as well as your bank statements.
Edited by: "hearts22" 24th Oct 2017
Original Poster
hearts2233 m ago

You are told when you take out the contract that the price will go back to …You are told when you take out the contract that the price will go back to full price after 12 months... They don't have to send you anything.You get the bills in your account, which you should check regularly as well as your bank statements.

Yeah I guess you're right. I have just been lousy, so I am to blame. It's actually under my parents, otherwise I would've noticed by the bank statements earlier. I guess they don't check theirs, which they should.

I took the responsibility of getting a contract out with Sky for them, but neglected... You live & learn... Quite a costly one at that.
Edited by: "MRR_ltd" 24th Oct 2017
sky is a total rip off, full stop. leave them as there are cheaper alternatives out there.
mutley113 m ago

sky is a total rip off, full stop. leave them as there are cheaper …sky is a total rip off, full stop. leave them as there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Quite the sweeping statement.

What are the cheaper alternatives?
RossD892 h, 21 m ago

Quite the sweeping statement.What are the cheaper alternatives?

Probably every other provider with a new customer discount
MRR_ltd23rd Oct

Think it is all electronic, they don't even bother sending me a bill...

It is all electronic. You have to login to the website or have the mobile app. It’s really not hard these days, just different.

I guess you are a little old school???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions