Groups

I just got a 2G iphone, need some help please?

Hi all.
    I have been given a 2G iphone (I realise I am very behind the times LOL!) so am considering using it instead of my Nokia 5800, is it worth it?

I was told that it's jailbroken and I know I can go in the installous app and download stuff, but that's it.

Are there any apps you can recommend or something? And how do I put my mp3's on the phone - I need to put iTunes on my computer or can I just connect the phone and drag them over? Is it okay to connect to iTunes if the phone is jailbroken?

Thanks very much x x x

12 Comments

You can put music/videos/photos etc on your iphone with iTunes but MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT UPDATE YOUR IPHONE otherwise cydia/installous will be deleted.
    iTunes will ask you 'A new version is availible-do you want to update' Hit 'No'!

BTW it is completely ok to connect your iPhone to iTunes if it's Jailbroken.

Original Poster

clubba 786

You can put music/videos/photos etc on your iphone with iTunes but MAKE … You can put music/videos/photos etc on your iphone with iTunes but MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT UPDATE YOUR IPHONE otherwise cydia/installous will be deleted.iTunes will ask you 'A new version is availible-do you want to update' Hit 'No'!BTW it is completely ok to connect your iPhone to iTunes if it's Jailbroken.

Thankyou, I was worried!
    Any apps you can recommend?

From installous:

DoodleJump
    Angry Birds
    Need For speed Undercover
    Need for speed Shift

Also look on youtube on how to use cydia or cool applications in cydia because there's lots of cool apps there like MakeItMine

Also make sure you download winterboard from cydia- this lets you apply a theme.

Original Poster

clubba 786

From installous:DoodleJumpAngry BirdsNeed For speed UndercoverNeed for … From installous:DoodleJumpAngry BirdsNeed For speed UndercoverNeed for speed ShiftAlso look on youtube on how to use cydia or cool applications in cydia because there's lots of cool apps there like MakeItMineAlso make sure you download winterboard from cydia- this lets you apply a theme.

Ooh thanks, will have a look around, didnt know what cydia was

Can I still go in the appstore and download free apps, or buy apps?

Mrs.Z

Can I still go in the appstore and download free apps, or buy apps?

Yep

Original Poster

JayBird

Yep

Thank you!

try sending an mms on it

Original Poster

shanecr

try sending an mms on it

Why? what will happen? oO

Mrs.Z

Why? what will happen? oO

nowt lol

Original Poster

shanecr

nowt lol

Oh, I don't get it

Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 28th Jul 2010

Mrs.Z

Oh, I don't get it :|:p

they cant send mms.

Original Poster

O I C
    Was actually just reading about the phone and general consensus seems to be that the 5800 is a better phone - except the apps!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4141835
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846341
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764645
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work44

See more discussions