I just had an implant.............

84 replies
Found 8th Jun 2009
in my arm...it weeeeeeeally hurts now.....anyone else had this contraception??
Wasn't meant to have it tonight.....so a bit unclued lol

Anyone had any probs with it??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
83 Comments

Sorry, I have a coil lol.

The implant never appealed to me, I was always scared that one of the weans would knock my arm and it would really hurt me.

Banned

oh thought you had some new norks.. bummer:x

lol did you get that implanon stick ....:p

Banned

holy hell, remember how the last contraceptive thread went

Banned

There is another implant you can have so that when you have sex you don't get pregnant.

how much does it hurt really? i usually get the injection but i hate needles and feel sick for days before when i know my injection is due. :-(

dog_cop;5439354

oh thought you had some new norks.. bummer:x

great minds......:-D

carly1234;5439370

how much does it hurt really? i usually get the injection but i hate … how much does it hurt really? i usually get the injection but i hate needles and feel sick for days before when i know my injection is due. :-(

Get that numbing cream then and put it on 30 mins before you go.

Banned

boothy;5439374

great minds......:-D

great minds always think the same.. nice to see your on top form nork monitoring :thumbsup:... slacker :w00t:

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5439352

Sorry, I have a coil lol.The implant never appealed to me, I was always … Sorry, I have a coil lol.The implant never appealed to me, I was always scared that one of the weans would knock my arm and it would really hurt me.

I'd never even heard of it until last week:oops: Hope I don't knock it:-(

dog_cop;5439354

oh thought you had some new norks.. bummer

Knew u would:p

StevenA2000_uk;5439360

lol did you get that implanon stick ....

:shock: how u know?? lol

sassie;5439363

holy hell, remember how the last contraceptive thread went

no:?

AshleyRFC;5439375

i'll try that thanks :thumbsup:. i have to get my injection on friday.

dog_cop;5439396

great minds always think the same.. nice to see your on top form nork … great minds always think the same.. nice to see your on top form nork monitoring :thumbsup:... slacker :w00t:

Britney has them out on TMZ website

Banned

boothy;5439426

Britney has them out on TMZ website

she is an old trout :x

carly1234;5439419

i'll try that thanks :thumbsup:. i have to get my injection on friday.

When my sister was pregnant the nurses got her a tube of it to use before she would need to come in to get blood taken.

Might help for you, anything is worth a try and better than knocking yourself sick over it.

hannah19790;5439401

:shock: how u know?? lol

I know a lot of things H :thumbsup:

I had it, and I don't want to scare you but it was 100 times worse coming out than going in, I was bruised all the way down to my elbow. I had to have it removed cos after about 3 months I started spotting every day. I hope you have more luck with it than I did x

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5439368

There is another implant you can have so that when you have sex you don't … There is another implant you can have so that when you have sex you don't get pregnant.

er.......thanks:?

carly1234;5439370

how much does it hurt really? i usually get the injection but i hate … how much does it hurt really? i usually get the injection but i hate needles and feel sick for days before when i know my injection is due. (

I generally pass out when I have injections so wasn't keen but the 3 years of no pill was worth the risk lol. It doesn't hurt coz they numb it 1st (with an injection tho). It's hurting a bi now as the local's wearing off but not unbearable or anythin just a bit uncomfortable:thumbsup:

AshleyRFC;5439375

That's a good option:thumbsup:

ive got one! they hurt like a ****** getting them out

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5439445

I know a lot of things H :thumbsup:

lol, anything I need to know about sweet x

tessb;5439446

I had it, and I don't want to scare you but it was 100 times worse coming … I had it, and I don't want to scare you but it was 100 times worse coming out than going in, I was bruised all the way down to my elbow. I had to have it removed cos after about 3 months I started spotting every day. I hope you have more luck with it than I did x

I must admit...they have warned me about it.......I'm just hoping I'm gonna be one of the lucky ones:-D
I might not have mine ever taken out if that's the case lol.......put the next one in the other arm, then the leg etc.... :lol:

tessb;5439446

I had it, and I don't want to scare you but it was 100 times worse coming … I had it, and I don't want to scare you but it was 100 times worse coming out than going in, I was bruised all the way down to my elbow. I had to have it removed cos after about 3 months I started spotting every day. I hope you have more luck with it than I did x

donnaraine;5439478

think i'll just stick with the injection then

carly1234;5439528

Is the coil not an option for you?

I have a 10 year coil, got it last July, its so good not having to worry about getting a jag, or taking my pill or my arm hurting lol.

carly1234;5439528

theyre still worth it though! one day of pain for 3 years peace of mind, fair swap id say :thumbsup:

hannah19790;5439502

lol, anything I need to know about sweet x

Thats a sweetener for yer coffee or tea blondie :x bad books for you....and cartwheel :-D:w00t::p

Original Poster

donnaraine;5439478

Noooooooooooo they never told me that:x

Pabs coming round for the weekend

AshleyRFC;5439546

Is the coil not an option for you?I have a 10 year coil, got it last … Is the coil not an option for you?I have a 10 year coil, got it last July, its so good not having to worry about getting a jag, or taking my pill or my arm hurting lol.

my mum had one and had to have a op to have it removed cos it went really wrong. that put me off. cant take the tablet pill cos i have a really bad memory and used to forget to take it hence why i now have a 3 year old.

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5439546

Is the coil not an option for you?I have a 10 year coil, got it last … Is the coil not an option for you?I have a 10 year coil, got it last July, its so good not having to worry about getting a jag, or taking my pill or my arm hurting lol.

Not for me.....I had gas and air to be induced:w00t:

StevenA2000_uk;5439555

Thats a sweetener for yer coffee or tea blondie :x bad books for … Thats a sweetener for yer coffee or tea blondie :x bad books for you....and cartwheel :w00t::p

Oh no!! Wot I done?? :?

carly1234;5439573

my mum had one and had to have a op to have it removed cos it went really … my mum had one and had to have a op to have it removed cos it went really wrong. that put me off. cant take the tablet pill cos i have a really bad memory and used to forget to take it hence why i now have a 3 year old.

Yeah theres a 1% risk(or something along those lines) of them hitting your womb and piercing it, but mine was fine, its definetly the best option for me, I have 3 kids already so wanted something that was easy for me to maintain so to speak.

hannah19790;5439593

Not for me.....I had gas and air to be induced:w00t:Oh no!! Wot I done?? … Not for me.....I had gas and air to be induced:w00t:Oh no!! Wot I done?? :?

Getting a coil is like getting a smear lol.

Original Poster

RuthIess;5439568

Pabs coming round for the weekend

:shock: nooooooo..............believe he's 'somewhere' else:w00t:

AshleyRFC;5439599

Yeah theres a 1% risk(or something along those lines) of them hitting … Yeah theres a 1% risk(or something along those lines) of them hitting your womb and piercing it, but mine was fine, its definetly the best option for me, I have 3 kids already so wanted something that was easy for me to maintain so to speak.

may speak to my doctor about it. i did ask her if i could be steralised but they wont do it cos im only 25 and they say i may change my mind about having kids no matter how much i say i wont. apparantly they know me better than i know myself lol

hannah19790;5439556

Noooooooooooo they never told me that:x

only cos mine got stuck, and the one she replaced it with was further up my arm so when she put it in the top of the implant went in a part of my arm that wasnt numbed! sounds dreadful but still worth it!

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5439604

Getting a coil is like getting a smear lol.

Yep, have gas and air for that too :oops:

oj.....but didn't have one for many years because I don't like it - which unfortunately was not a good idea.....and has now made it all a lot worse :roll:

carly1234;5439641

may speak to my doctor about it. i did ask her if i could be steralised … may speak to my doctor about it. i did ask her if i could be steralised but they wont do it cos im only 25 and they say i may change my mind about having kids no matter how much i say i wont. apparantly they know me better than i know myself lol

Yeah but think of the hassle that comes with getting sterilised, wouldn't you then go through menopause? Might not be the best thing at 25.

Original Poster

donnaraine;5439645

only cos mine got stuck, and the one she replaced it with was further up … only cos mine got stuck, and the one she replaced it with was further up my arm so when she put it in the top of the implant went in a part of my arm that wasnt numbed! sounds dreadful but still worth it!

Ewww I'm goin all dizzy.........lol

No you don't have a menopause if sterilised, they only cut the tubes (or clip them now) and you have normal periods and ovulation it just doesn't get to its destination.............Theres a new pill just out that is ultra safe (as long as you take it). I've been on the pill for thirty years and it's the best thing I ever did.

hannah19790;5439713

so wen we tryin this implanon stuff H.. we need to make sure it works :whistling:

hannah19790;5439713

i went very dizzy too and had to be laid down flat

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5439754

so wen we tryin this implanon stuff H.. we need to make sure it works … so wen we tryin this implanon stuff H.. we need to make sure it works :whistling:

Well gonna have to wait for a least 7 days :w00t:

My sister in law was breeding like a rabbit and was pursuaded to have the implant after her last child (He's now 3years old). Anyway this extremely fertile woman hasn't had any more pregnancies - thank goodness. As much as I Love the kids - I couldn't remember all their birthdays (nor afford them) lol.

I must admit she has put on some weight - I am not sure if this has anything to do with it - but worth watching your's. Keep active!

I hope your arm feels better soon
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769650
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2245
    3. Boredom1721
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522899

See more discussions