Groups

I just lost my dog

Oh my goodness I was just in the front garden doing some planting and the dog was sat upstairs, anyway after a while I was all done and came back inside and you guessed it the dog wasnt there, I hadnt even noticed she has got out, I couldnt find her for ages she was hiding in an alley. I havent felt that sad and scared for a long time.
    All I kept thinking was of when parents lose sight of there children for a second and how they must feel as thats 100 worse.

Need a cuppa to calm down

26 Comments

Glad you found her.

Glad she is safe.they are just another member of the family so we all worry the same..:thumbsup:

glad you found her - you must have been in a terrible state, lost mine a few years back and I had everyone out looking for him, found him eventually but gosh I remember that feeling

Great News

Was it the dog in your avatar ?

Original Poster

The dog on my avatar is just an internet picture, but my dogs looks just like that, I dont know how to up load a picture or I would show you her. She has not long been trimmed very short for the summer though so looking abit boyish

So glad you found her :thumsbup:

pleased you found her ... bet she is too !

Original Poster

I think she found it a great adventure

Glad it got a happy ending! You must be so relieved!

Original Poster

Really relieved she is always hiding normally under the bed. We are just lucky we live in a really quiet street and quite far from any main roads

really glad you found her.
    I have a westie as well, so, totally understand how you felt.

Westies are stupid, no matter how well trained they are they just forget and run off if they get a chance (all of the books say never let them off a lead etc).

Whenever our front door is open we shut the dog in the room until it is shut again, she is normally really good, but it only takes once when she isnt.

Glad you found your dog, would be devastated if we lost ours. BTW, mine is my avatar

charltom;2207598

Really relieved she is always hiding normally under the bed. We are just … Really relieved she is always hiding normally under the bed. We are just lucky we live in a really quiet street and quite far from any main roads

Lucky you live where you live then ehh? Gave you something to do today as your fiend let you down
    My dogs tend to just follow me from room to room, not so good when your tryin to get the mum 2 look after her pups :lol:

good thing u found her fast its friday and that means its kebab night ;-) a whola one dog donar ^-^:-D:p:w00t:

Very scarey i am so glad you found her safe and sound, put your feet up and relax with a puppy cuddle you both deserve it xx

Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;2207701

Westies are stupid, no matter how well trained they are they just forget … Westies are stupid, no matter how well trained they are they just forget and run off if they get a chance (all of the books say never let them off a lead etc).Whenever our front door is open we shut the dog in the room until it is shut again, she is normally really good, but it only takes once when she isnt. Glad you found your dog, would be devastated if we lost ours. BTW, mine is my avatar

I saw a picture of yours on a thread afew weeks ago and she looks huge compared to polly, yours is 7 years older though

Original Poster

Yippee my new iron has just arrived.

charltom;2207785

I saw a picture of yours on a thread afew weeks ago and she looks huge … I saw a picture of yours on a thread afew weeks ago and she looks huge compared to polly, yours is 7 years older though

Ours is a big fatty! Lol, not actually that bad, vets say she is slightly over weight but quite good compared to most. Is not what we feed her, just because she sleeps a lot! Got groomed yesterday, I like her when shes all scruffy though!

charltom;2207811

Yippee my new iron has just arrived.

...and your pleased about that??? :?

Original Poster

Im happy because I was home, would normally be at work, and then would have had to go collect it

Original Poster

Ours sleeps loads aswell, if I stayed in bed until 6pm she would say with me, I only know this as I was ill once

Banned

I'm glad you have found her:thumbsup:

omg thank god u found him:thumbsup:dont know what i would do if i lost ours his only a year:?

i have to say only recently i found a sheep dog in my garden not sure how as its all enclosed well phoned about a bit he was in there for two hours then i had to go out when i came back he had gone not sure how he got out but anyway the story is i have my own dog and didnt realise how important it is to have a tag round his neck he is chipped but thought if the dog i had found had a tag i would of rung it up so same day went out and got my dog new shiney tag with phone number so wanted to say its just as important to tag dog aswell as chip as people whind dogd cannot read chip and tag is so much easier this dog i found didnt have tag and its hard work finding owner!!! it just made me realise that finding that dog could of been someone finding my dog!!

angelfacexx;2208239

i have to say only recently i found a sheep dog in my garden not sure how … i have to say only recently i found a sheep dog in my garden not sure how as its all enclosed well phoned about a bit he was in there for two hours then i had to go out when i came back he had gone not sure how he got out but anyway the story is i have my own dog and didnt realise how important it is to have a tag round his neck he is chipped but thought if the dog i had found had a tag i would of rung it up so same day went out and got my dog new shiney tag with phone number so wanted to say its just as important to tag dog aswell as chip as people whind dogd cannot read chip and tag is so much easier this dog i found didnt have tag and its hard work finding owner!!! it just made me realise that finding that dog could of been someone finding my dog!!

have 2 agree with u, ours is chiped and taged and only cost £15 to have chiped:thumbsup:

julie 2;2208301

have 2 agree with u, ours is chiped and taged and only cost £15 to have … have 2 agree with u, ours is chiped and taged and only cost £15 to have chiped:thumbsup:

yes very worth it to have chipped but like said also helps if they have tag with number so if member of public finds the dog its easier to trace as i phone rspca and they basically told me dog would go back home!!!! even after telling bloke not sure how as my garden was sealed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767159
      2. Anyone want a Jack Wills single use 20% off £60 and/or £10 off £60 code?11
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214455
      4. word association Game73844447

See more discussions