I just put my iPhone in the washing machine...

83 replies
Found 10th Mar 2011
HELP ME.

I didn't learn at all from last time when I dropped it in the toilet, what am I supposed to do?!

All I remember is that I should turn it off!

83 Comments

buy a £10 phone

Banned

splatsplatsplat

buy a £10 phone

agreed :P

take apart and put in airing cupboard to dry out perhaps,
Edited by: "GRGO140" 10th Mar 2011

Put it in the tumble dryer

Bowl of rice trick?

Original Poster

GRGO140

take apart and put in airing cupboaerd to dry out perhaps,

I don't have an airing cupboard and you can't take them apart. Godsake.

Original Poster

bfjem

Bowl of rice trick?

Remind me what that is again. I need a bowl...some rice...some...errrr......common sense?! HELP ME.

ouch bad times!

open it up take what ever parts off it that you can and put into a bowl of rice and into an airing cupboard, but I tihnk ideally for a couple of days to try and let it dry out.

Claim it on your phone insurance?

numptyj

ouch bad times! :popen it up take what ever parts off it that you can and … ouch bad times! :popen it up take what ever parts off it that you can and put into a bowl of rice and into an airing cupboard, but I tihnk ideally for a couple of days to try and let it dry out.

This ^^^

most people tend to make the mistake of trying to turn on these kind of things when wet and that does more damage, leave it to dry for a few days and then try it out, maybe get lucky and still works, if not expensive paperweight.

angelfairee

I don't have an airing cupboard and you can't take them apart. Godsake.

oh ok, i havent got one so didnt know you couldnt take apart, perhaps someone else on here will have some helpful advise,

Banned

coff101

+1

surely everyone has insurance for a £300 phone.....................

Of course you can take them apart, very easy

Original Poster

numptyj

ouch bad times! :popen it up take what ever parts off it that you can and … ouch bad times! :popen it up take what ever parts off it that you can and put into a bowl of rice and into an airing cupboard, but I tihnk ideally for a couple of days to try and let it dry out.

I don't have an airing cupboard! Is it the same as a cupboard with a boiler in? I have one of those.

coff101

I will as a last resort but that's so much hassle!

if all else fails then it's off to the same place as all the dead calculators
silicone heaven

angelfairee

I don't have an airing cupboard! Is it the same as a cupboard with a … I don't have an airing cupboard! Is it the same as a cupboard with a boiler in? I have one of those.

yup try it in there

Original Poster

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh my giddy god! oO

numptyj

Yes - leave it 2 or 3 days. Make sure its all covered in the dry rice. It worked for me when I dropped mine down the loo (twas a Nokia though). Worth a try anyway.

Original Poster

jonny619447

Oh my giddy god! oO

Quiet. That's my wet and broken life you're talking about.

Wring it out?

Microwave

Most mobile phone insurers don’t cover water damage, neither will Apple as part of their warranty.

Mostly screwed.

Dry it out, hope it starts to work again.

No other suggestions I’m afraid, seems after the first time you haven’t learnt your lesson. Destined to be simple minded for the rest of your life..
Edited by: "spritey" 10th Mar 2011

My insurance covers Liquid/Water damage. Lloyds TSB bank.

But yeah... to damage 2 iphones. Stupid.

Yeah, got my mobile insurance with Barclays aswell. They cover water damage.. It's mostly the private ones that don't.

Original Poster

spritey

Most mobile phone insurers don’t cover water damage, neither will Apple a … Most mobile phone insurers don’t cover water damage, neither will Apple as part of their warranty.Mostly screwed.Dry it out, hope it starts to work again.No other suggestions I’m afraid, seems after the first time you haven’t learnt your lesson. Destined to be simple minded for the rest of your life..

My insurance covers accidental water damage.

As for the simple minded comment...I take the high road. For now.

Original Poster

amfan

My insurance covers Liquid/Water damage. Lloyds TSB bank.But yeah... to … My insurance covers Liquid/Water damage. Lloyds TSB bank.But yeah... to damage 2 iphones. Stupid.

I definitely dropped it down the toilet on purpose and put it in the washing machine on purpose. I am SO stupid.

angelfairee

I definitely dropped it down the toilet on purpose and put it in the … I definitely dropped it down the toilet on purpose and put it in the washing machine on purpose. I am SO stupid.

Better not tell the insurance company that

boabbyrab

if all else fails then it's off to the same place as all the dead … if all else fails then it's off to the same place as all the dead calculatorssilicone heaven

There's no such thing.

angelfairee

Remind me what that is again. I need a bowl...some … Remind me what that is again. I need a bowl...some rice...some...errrr......common sense?! HELP ME.

cook the rice (or get it from a take away - egg fried rice is best) and put your phone in the bowl (make sure the rice gets in the sim/memory card slot too), slop on some chicken curry, and give it all to me.

dxx

There's no such thing.

Then where do all the calculators go?

Banned

glad you said you were stupid and not me. Not like infractions work on this site. Get a water proof cover for your next one or stop using lubricants when looking up justin beiber? On google.

angelfairee

Quiet. That's my wet and broken life you're talking about.

Should be alright as long as you don't attempt to turn it not. If you do you will be running charge through a almost certainly wet circuit. (water and electricity don't work)

Like has been suggested dry it out. If you can open it a hair dryer will work a treat. Other then that an airing cupboard for a few days should do the trick.

Theres a chance it will be ok

splatsplatsplat

Then where do all the calculators go?

HIGH FIVE

Original Poster

lumoruk

glad you said you were stupid and not me. Not like infractions work on … glad you said you were stupid and not me. Not like infractions work on this site. Get a water proof cover for your next one or stop using lubricants when looking up justin beiber? On google.

Go and get laid. You're boring me.

Open up the phone sink it in a bowl of rice.Put it in a bowl with a lid on .Leave it for a few days and hope that it turns on.

Have you turned it on AT ALL since getting it wet (the iphone that is)?

dxx - boabbyrabif all else fails then it's off to the same place as all … dxx - boabbyrabif all else fails then it's off to the same place as all the dead calculatorssilicone heavenThere's no such thing.

not a Red Dwarf fan then are we?
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac52/boabbyrab/silicon-heaven-where-all-the-calculators-go-red-big.jpg

If it's an Iphone 4 send it back, tell them there was a problem with the ariel.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…79
    2. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?22
    3. Electric Bike Advice.11
    4. Foo fighters presale code.2424

See more discussions