Groups

I just stopped a car rollin down a hill

Banned
    i was standin at the bus stop with my 2 youngest kids waitin for the bus home when i noticed a car that looked like it was reversing down the middle on the street and oncoming traffic so this car gets into level of my view when i notice theres no driver just a passenger that has special needs ( which i later found out ) so automatically i thre everything i had in my hands run down to this car but at this point had hit one of those big black metal bullard things so i jups down the driver side and swing open the door while the cars still movin ( i really hurt my leg at this point ) jumps in and pull the handbrake . I helps out the man alan that was in the passanger side whos was scared ******* by this point didnt have a clue what was going on gets all his stiff and stands him to the side of the road away from the car as me not being a driver wasnt sure if the car would hold now or it would start rolling again , just then i hears a woman shoutin and runnin down the street she was the driver she hud run into a shop and when she came out she thought someone has stolen her car , anyways i told her what id seen and done and she asked me if alan was ok i says YES i got him out the car etc , 2 fellas that had come runnin behind me jacked up the womans car and removed the bullard , by this time the police had arrived and took a statement and all my details the checked me over and says i was ok 2 leave , the woman driver didnt even say thank you to the 2 lads she just barked on about how she was going to have to call her work as she was late whats annoyin me is that she was just a carer for this man what happens if he had been hurt what happens if i hadnt stopped the car its scary , ive ended bruising my knee and hurt my ankle for helping this woman out , maybe im just a moaner but i was sooo scared my hands wudnt stop shaking

45 Comments

"Claims Direct"

Seriously though did you notice what company the carer worked for if so you could report

well done you, sounds like an act of reckless bravery to me

first to come up with a superhero name.....

Double-D Girl

Wow good on you:thumbsup:

Some people are so rude...well done

Original Poster Banned

ilovepink;5210174

"Claims Direct"i cant claim it was due to my own fault that i received … "Claims Direct"i cant claim it was due to my own fault that i received the sore leg Seriously though did you notice what company the carer worked for if so you could report

no she had no id badges on i work for a care company and i think this woman she lose her job over this , i mean we all have to go thru disclosure scotland the make sure we are safe and able to work with these ppl

Banned

mmmm odd as there was a thing in the news about a white van man who crashed his car into a range rover that was rolling down the hill

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;5210187

first to come up with a superhero name.....Double-D Girl

erm are u refering to something else may i ask :oops:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;5210209

mmmm odd as there was a thing in the news about a white van man who … mmmm odd as there was a thing in the news about a white van man who crashed his car into a range rover that was rolling down the hill

and whats odd this happened to me this afternoon at 1.20 pm

Original Poster Banned

dmtuk;5210201

Some people are so rude...well done

THANK YOU

Banned

wOOp get the claim in - you deserve it!

toni15500;5210211

erm are u refering to something else may i ask :oops:

no just thing some kind of emblem on your chest in body paint for future antics will look spot on :thumbsup:

Well done - quick thinking, but you really should have your leg examined just in case. You sound like you might still be in shock, so might not be feeling the pain. Didn't the police suggest that?

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;5210236

no just thing some kind of emblem on your chest in body paint for future … no just thing some kind of emblem on your chest in body paint for future antics will look spot on :thumbsup:

lol :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;5210254

Well done - quick thinking, but you really should have your leg examined … Well done - quick thinking, but you really should have your leg examined just in case. You sound like you might still be in shock, so might not be feeling the pain. Didn't the police suggest that?

nope ! they took my name address details and dob and let me and my kids get on the bus i told them id hurt myself but they let me go

it hit me when i got on the bus i called my partner and had to stop myself crying on the fone to him

Banned

Liddle ol' me;5210254

Well done - quick thinking, but you really should have your leg examined … Well done - quick thinking, but you really should have your leg examined just in case. You sound like you might still be in shock, so might not be feeling the pain. Didn't the police suggest that?

no the police tried to beat her up and arrest her :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;5210227

wOOp get the claim in - you deserve it!

i cant claim as its my own fault i got a sore leg

Banned

ok call the woman and threaten to dob her in unless she buys you a maccy ds

toni15500;5210273

nope ! they took my name address details and dob and let me and my kids … nope ! they took my name address details and dob and let me and my kids get on the bus i told them id hurt myself but they let me go

how bad is it? you wouldn't have felt too much pain at the time because of the adrenalin - but it's always possible you have caused more damage than you think - If it's painful to walk on in the morning, I'd have it looked at to be safe.

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;5210291

ok call the woman and threaten to dob her in unless she buys you a maccy … ok call the woman and threaten to dob her in unless she buys you a maccy ds

now thats the best idea ive heard all day !:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;5210305

how bad is it? you wouldn't have felt too much pain at the time because … how bad is it? you wouldn't have felt too much pain at the time because of the adrenalin - but it's always possible you have caused more damage than you think - If it's painful to walk on in the morning, I'd have it looked at to be safe.

thanks hunny i will xxx:)

NTOS Do not let random handbrakes off at 1.19pm

dog_cop;5210276

no the police tried to beat her up and arrest her :w00t:

Up to their usual tricks then, eh? :roll:

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;5210322

NTOS Do not let random handbrakes off at 1.19pm

lol its not funny u fs :-D:thumbsup:

toni15500;5210339

lol its not funny u fs :-D:thumbsup:

You need to laugh after a shock. Thats what my girlfriend says just as we're about to get .....you know...

Anyways Well Done for stepping up.

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;5210419

You need to laugh after a shock. Thats what my girlfriend says just as … You need to laugh after a shock. Thats what my girlfriend says just as we're about to get .....you know...Anyways Well Done for stepping up.

thank you :roll:

dontasciime;5210419

You need to laugh after a shock. Thats what my girlfriend says just as … You need to laugh after a shock. Thats what my girlfriend says just as we're about to get .....you know...Anyways Well Done for stepping up.

toni15500;5210429

thank you :roll:

You're Welcome

My girlfriend still does not know how to wire a plug.

u could end up on the 5.30 show with a story like that lol
    well done

goods deeds don't pay these days - I know

but thumbs up for caring enough to to do something about the situation :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

tonico;5210473

u could end up on the 5.30 show with a story like that lolwell done

lol ive had enuff off tv shows been on trisha goddard twice

Original Poster Banned

bobbybuilder;5210518

goods deeds don't pay these days - I know but thumbs up for caring enough … goods deeds don't pay these days - I know but thumbs up for caring enough to to do something about the situation :thumbsup:

i wasnt caring 4 myself wat got me scared was that there was a passenger in that car that cudnt help himself

Good deeds do pay, but not always straight away. Well done I hope something nice happens to you now.

well done you

Original Poster Banned

dmissy13;5210576

well done you

wendyak;5210574

Good deeds do pay, but not always straight away. Well done I hope … Good deeds do pay, but not always straight away. Well done I hope something nice happens to you now.

thank you guys !:thumbsup:

well done:thumbsup:

well done

Banned

toni15500;5210560

i wasnt caring 4 myself wat got me scared was that there was a passenger … i wasnt caring 4 myself wat got me scared was that there was a passenger in that car that cudnt help himself

Darn you for interfering in Darwinian evolution:x

Well done though.

Don't be too annoyed about the woman not saying thanks. Some people genuinely are inconsiderate, unappreciative little trolls, but I think most people forget to say thanks because they're too caught up in the moment, and are too focused on the bad to realise the good and to appreciate it. Care workers are usually pretty decent people, and she'll probably be kicking herself for not having the clarity of mind to take your details and have you sent out a massive bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine as a gesture of gratitude. 'Cos that's what I'd do, since it was brilliant what you did. Well done :thumbsup:

bobbybuilder;5210518

goods deeds don't pay these days - I know but thumbs up for caring enough … goods deeds don't pay these days - I know but thumbs up for caring enough to to do something about the situation :thumbsup:

Good deeds do pay. Even if no one else notices or takes the time to thank you, you feel good about yourself. To me that's a pretty nice feeling.

Phone the sun, i bet they find out who the useless woman was that left the car to run away. You should get some sort of recognition for your bravery. Its only fair.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767406
      2. Cat Chat77742
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231363
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047168

See more discussions