I just tried Pek!

Found 6th Aug 2017
I sliced it and fried it and had it in rolls with lettuce, cucumber, olive oil and cheese
Half a can left for tomorrow when i shall try it with egg like a breakfast roll thing.

Anyone else tried strange tinned goods that turned out to be nice, i rather liked the fray bentos pies and meatballs too when i tried them

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
25 Comments

Horse meat was labeled as beef at Tesco.

Not had Pek in years. Used to have it grilled though. Liked it.

Poor man's Spam.
167477656-1502032202.jpg

Error, for your brekkie tomorrow, slice and fry your Pek (poor man's Spam). Whilst it's frying, do a couple of soft boiled eggs (they gotta be runny soft). Shell the eggs and drop them into a mug with a large knob of butter, and loads of salt and pepper.

Beat the eggs to within an inch of their lives, then empty into a small bowl.

Butter 2 or 3 rounds of medium Warby's.

Make butties with the Pek (poor man's Spam) and dip them into the eggs for every bite.

You'll come back and thank me for this post tomorrow.

Pity it's Pek and not Spam though...

deeky19 m ago

Error, for your brekkie tomorrow, slice and fry your Pek (poor man's …Error, for your brekkie tomorrow, slice and fry your Pek (poor man's Spam). Whilst it's frying, do a couple of soft boiled eggs (they gotta be runny soft). Shell the eggs and drop them into a mug with a large knob of butter, and loads of salt and pepper. Beat the eggs to within an inch of their lives, then empty into a small bowl. Butter 2 or 3 rounds of medium Warby's. Make butties with the Pek (poor man's Spam) and dip them into the eggs for every bite.You'll come back and thank me for this post tomorrow.Pity it's Pek and not Spam though...

think i would rather starve.

Me and a friend one late night had a bet to see who could eat an entire Tesco every day value Polony first, I only got 3 bites in.

I quite like Polish chocolate bars and biscuits.
Edited by: "catbeans" 6th Aug 2017

Original Poster

catbeans2 m ago

Me and a friend one late night had a bet to see who could eat an entire …Me and a friend one late night had a bet to see who could eat an entire Tesco every day value Polony first, I only got 3 bites in. I quite like Polish chocolate bars and biscuits.

I don't know what that is

Error44030 m ago

I don't know what that is

It's like an even lower quality baloney/bologna.

Original Poster

catbeans9 m ago

It's like an even lower quality baloney/bologna.

I've heard of one of those from American tv shows

wonder what other delicious meat products are out there waiting to make me ill

Original Poster

ThePasty2 h, 17 m ago

Chicken???

Steve1989 videos look him up. Good stuff.

I do have concerns for the continued recruitment of new subscribers to this site when they see that the 'Top Discussions' currently include 'I just tried Pek!'

Error4401 h, 16 m ago

I've heard of one of those from American tv shows

Imagine the inside of cheap raw sausages.

joesmum2 h, 23 m ago

think i would rather starve.

You've never lived.

I got some of the Pek "Gold" (higher quality grade Shetland pony!) meat from Morrison's recently. They were getting rid at 32p a tin! Looked like pink catfood as it plopped out of the tin. Smelled a bit like it too. However, I scraped off the jelly, cut it into cubes (lardons) and threw it in a stir fry with some noodles.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I used to love bacon grill so thought this might be similar - that's why I gave it a try. It kind of falls apart a bit to easily when trying to slice though. Mind you, I'm rubbish in the kitchen!

would you like me to Paypal you a fiver?

Original Poster

Phsycronix12 h, 17 m ago

I got some of the Pek "Gold" (higher quality grade Shetland pony!) meat …I got some of the Pek "Gold" (higher quality grade Shetland pony!) meat from Morrison's recently. They were getting rid at 32p a tin! Looked like pink catfood as it plopped out of the tin. Smelled a bit like it too. However, I scraped off the jelly, cut it into cubes (lardons) and threw it in a stir fry with some noodles.Not bad. Not bad at all. I used to love bacon grill so thought this might be similar - that's why I gave it a try. It kind of falls apart a bit to easily when trying to slice though. Mind you, I'm rubbish in the kitchen!

I think the one i tried that was also on offer tastes like gammon

Bacon grill

deeky6th Aug

Error, for your brekkie tomorrow, slice and fry your Pek (poor man's …Error, for your brekkie tomorrow, slice and fry your Pek (poor man's Spam). Whilst it's frying, do a couple of soft boiled eggs (they gotta be runny soft). Shell the eggs and drop them into a mug with a large knob of butter, and loads of salt and pepper. Beat the eggs to within an inch of their lives, then empty into a small bowl. Butter 2 or 3 rounds of medium Warby's. Make butties with the Pek (poor man's Spam) and dip them into the eggs for every bite.You'll come back and thank me for this post tomorrow.Pity it's Pek and not Spam though...

Not a fan of Pek deeky? I'd never even heard of it till now!

deeky6th Aug

Poor man's Spam. [Image]

And spam is a poor mans ham, pek must be pekking awful haha

Original Poster

nrackham766 m ago

And spam is a poor mans ham, pek must be pekking awful haha

Tasted fine to me, I'll report back when i try spam, at least Pek isn't mechanically recovered meat.

Error44022 m ago

Tasted fine to me, I'll report back when i try spam, at least Pek isn't …Tasted fine to me, I'll report back when i try spam, at least Pek isn't mechanically recovered meat.

Did you try my recipe?

Original Poster

deeky2 h, 40 m ago

Did you try my recipe?

No i didn't beat the eggs its cruel, boiled eggs and pek was nice tho

Error44019 m ago

No i didn't beat the eggs its cruel, boiled eggs and pek was nice tho

It's ok, they don't feel a thing. Lobbing them into a pan of boiling water sees to that.

Last recipe I take the time to share with you

Original Poster

deeky13 m ago

It's ok, they don't feel a thing. Lobbing them into a pan of boiling water …It's ok, they don't feel a thing. Lobbing them into a pan of boiling water sees to that. Last recipe I take the time to share with you

31641989-ntAzn.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text