Groups

i keep getting charged when i pay someone with paypal gift

i am using a visa debit card is there any way around this?
    thanks

14 Comments

Paypal Gift is only fee-free when you have money in your actual Paypal account

the only way to avoid fees yourself is to use balance from your paypal account.

no i'm afraid u have to pay the charge

I have sent paypal gift from my debit card and I haven't been charged for its use.

Ad

xsazzyjayx;4771032

Paypal Gift is only fee-free when you have money in your actual Paypal … Paypal Gift is only fee-free when you have money in your actual Paypal account

shanecr;4771033

the only way to avoid fees yourself is to use balance from your paypal … the only way to avoid fees yourself is to use balance from your paypal account.

Or if you setup the direct debit bank payments thingy :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ok thanks fellow hot dealers lol

Nope you dont have to send from paypal balance. My OH paypal is never in credit and yet i use it to transfer money every month from his bank to my paypal.

Maybe OP you are doing it wrong.

Click send money
    type in paypal and amount
    then click the personal tab and you get 1 of these 4 options

This money is being sent as a:

Gift
    Household expense
    Personal payment owed
    Other

check one of these dont matter which

click continue and you will get summary page showing amount sent and 0.00 fees incurred

xsazzyjayx;4771032

Paypal Gift is only fee-free when you have money in your actual Paypal … Paypal Gift is only fee-free when you have money in your actual Paypal account

shanecr;4771033

the only way to avoid fees yourself is to use balance from your paypal … the only way to avoid fees yourself is to use balance from your paypal account.

not true see my post above

You also cant use paypal gift to send someone money overseas, you always get charged, sent my brother 2 payments last week and was charged for both, sent 2 a month ago in the UK and wasnt charged,:?

I never get charged even if I have no money in paypal.

xsazzyjayx;4771032

Thats what I thought.

How do you do it without fees then?

Jumpingphil;4771627

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I use a debit card and have … I don't know what you are doing wrong, but I use a debit card and have never paid a fee.The people above don't know what they are talking about.

If I use Direct Transfer (card or bank account) I get the option where I pay the fee when paying gift or transferring it to the recipient, thus defeating the object of Gift!

There seems to be some confusion here!!

I too keep getting charged fees, is it because like me you have it linked to a credit card rather than a bank account?

Jumpingphil;4772660

Sorry, just checked, mine is directly linked to bank account and not … Sorry, just checked, mine is directly linked to bank account and not debit card as I first thought.Sorry if I offended peeps in my earlier post. :oops:

No offence taken, I actually thought I was going mad :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions