I knew Setanta were bad but ....

8 replies
Found 10th Mar 2009
They failed to honour a '3 months for £6.50 per month' deal they cold-called me with - charging me £12.99 in month 2. On contacting them they offered next month free, then 3 months @ £6.50. Howvever they charged me £12.99 straight away. They then offered me a further rectification, which they then completely ignored.

On trying to contact them yesterday I could only get through to 'Sales' - their telephone system was not offering the full options. Eventually a 'Sales' person took my contact details for Customer Services to call back. I just laughed.

Why did the FA have to give Setanta the rights to FA Cup matches, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't bother with this farce.

8 Comments

and they've now got 1 epl package

ligue 1 and bundesliga are good, but they've not got portugese liga.

wastea money, as sly sports have primera liga and obvo the prem . .

oh, setanta have spl . . and the conference, sorry, blue square premier . .(!,)- sly also have the football league . .

IPL doesn't even justify their exorbitant fee

£13 a month for SPL, EPL, Dutch League, Bundesliga, Boxing, Golf and Celtic TV............. £13 is cheap!

Banned

Toybhoy;4601140

£13 a month for SPL, EPL, Dutch League, Bundesliga, Boxing, Golf and … £13 a month for SPL, EPL, Dutch League, Bundesliga, Boxing, Golf and Celtic TV............. £13 is cheap!

Agree - the boxing is a bonus for me.

Banned

They really are an inept bunch, but the CS staff do their best.

I got a letter sayingthey were taking £34 off me. No reason given. Phone up, told to email my complaint !! but I did, and they looked into my account and refunded me £110. Not sure why, they did overcharge me the month before, but not that much

Anyway yesterday received 3 letters giving me 3 new monthly amounts on 3 different payment dates.

Rung up... yep they are all on the system but all cancelled and no payment will be taken.

Also got 2 months free, followed by £6.50 for 3 months - ill be watching

You spend money to watch football?:whistling:

callmejoe;4601949

You spend money to watch football?:whistling:

eh?

why wouldnt you?

(dont say cos you prefer to watch free on a grainy, badly synched Afgany commentated stream on a 320x180 window on your pc monitor alone)

Some of us who can afford to like to watch it in high definition on a 50inch screen with english commentary hooked up to a 5.1 dolby surround so yes, we pay to watch football. :thumbsup:

Banned

Toybhoy;4602755

eh?why wouldnt you? (dont say cos you prefer to watch free on a grainy, … eh?why wouldnt you? (dont say cos you prefer to watch free on a grainy, badly synched Afgany commentated stream on a 320x180 window on your pc monitor alone)Some of us who can afford to like to watch it in high definition on a 50inch screen with english commentary hooked up to a 5.1 dolby surround so yes, we pay to watch football. :thumbsup:

Some of us do that without coughing up for it either! :thumbsup: (And get EVERY Premier game):whistling:

Banned

Toybhoy;4602755

eh?why wouldnt you? (dont say cos you prefer to watch free on a grainy, … eh?why wouldnt you? (dont say cos you prefer to watch free on a grainy, badly synched Afgany commentated stream on a 320x180 window on your pc monitor alone)Some of us who can afford to like to watch it in high definition on a 50inch screen with english commentary hooked up to a 5.1 dolby surround so yes, we pay to watch football. :thumbsup:

Agreed, but obviously Setanta with its stupid price, and lack of HD is not a prime example of 50inch football watching!

Agreed regarding net football!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions