Groups

I know I should know it, but . . .

Once you've submitted a reply, how do you get back to the original post or list of posts?

I usually back tab through to the original post, precededed by my initial response, my preview before that etc, etc

There must be an easier way!

26 Comments

Banned

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/babytoiletfail.jpg

refresh?

Banned

There is no easier way AFAIK...

Banned

Ace Hayward;2128452

refresh?

Nah, like if the post you are responding to is on page 1 but the last post is on page 6 how do you go back to page 1 with out hitting backspace...is the question

Banned

WantOne... what you should do is hit "multiquote" on each post you want to reply to.. and once you are done (ie read all the new posts) then hit "post reply" then all the posts you were going to respond to will be in one response so you dont need to go back to read and reply to the next person...

ah gotcha. yea ya click backspace hehe

imranmaz;2128469

Nah, like if the post you are responding to is on page 1 but the last … Nah, like if the post you are responding to is on page 1 but the last post is on page 6 how do you go back to page 1 with out hitting backspace...is the question

Click on the page number for "1"? :?

imranmaz;2128486

WantOne... what you should do is hit "multiquote" on each post you want … WantOne... what you should do is hit "multiquote" on each post you want to reply to.. and once you are done (ie read all the new posts) then hit "post reply" then all the posts you were going to respond to will be in one response so you dont need to go back to read and reply to the next person...

Ahh. I get it. That's a good plan, batman.

ya know, i may have to update ya avatar again ducky, maybe punk it up a lil or goth the duck?

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;2128510

Good

Now explain it to me!

:whistling:

PLS!!!!!

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;2128510

imranmaz;2128441

Oh yeah, and by the way, CHEERS!!!!

Banned

WantOne;2128561

GoodNow explain it to me!:whistling:PLS!!!!!

click the "multiquote" button on all our posts in this thread and then click post reply...

the same will work on multiple pages so you can reply to everyone in one go! :thumbsup:

Give it a try here..

imranmaz;2128441

Well, the poor kid couldn't get in the bath!

And the answer to the original question is press page 1!

imranmaz;2128622

click the "multiquote" button on all our posts in this thread and then … click the "multiquote" button on all our posts in this thread and then click post reply...the same will work on multiple pages so you can reply to everyone in one go! :thumbsup:Give it a try here..

But there is a limit to how many you can include in multiquote, is it 7?

Banned

chrysha;2128634

And the answer to the original question is press page 1!

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/dude_fail.jpg

The question is not how to get back to a page.. its how to go back to a post.

Original Poster

imranmaz;2128655

The question is not how to get back to a page.. its how to go back to a … The question is not how to get back to a page.. its how to go back to a post.

Sorry to correct as luminous a light as yourself, but the question is, once I have entered a thread, I cannot get back to the original page. having composed a message, then previewed it, then amended it a few times the backspace button is getting worn out. I can't hit the All forums/ All topics etc links because that'll mean I lose my place in the deals I'm looking thru!

Just want a quick exit button once I have posted a response!

Original Poster

imranmaz;2128655

The question is not how to get back to a page.. its how to go back to a … The question is not how to get back to a page.. its how to go back to a post.

Is that you BTW?

BIG CHIN ( & shop liftin!!!!!)

:-D

Original Poster

imranmaz;2128622

click the "multiquote" button on all our posts in this thread and then … click the "multiquote" button on all our posts in this thread and then click post reply...the same will work on multiple pages so you can reply to everyone in one go! :thumbsup:Give it a try here..

Nah

What I mean is that after entering this post, to get back to seeing what the rest of the universe have been trying to let me know about, i.e. the whole of the HUKD site, I gotta go through about 5 backspaces or whatever else you use, !

I will use this post to document it!

Original Poster

edited Cocument it to Document it, (Mistake)
    '

Original Poster

Had to wait til I was allowed to post but I am still in 'ere!

Original Poster

6 back tabs later I can reply to this. Theres gotta be an easier way!?

Why not open another "Tab" or "Window"?

Banned

Oh... ok i see what you mean... if you use multi quote you wont have to use backspace as much... but as far as I know there is no other option.

(what I normally do is "open as new tab") that is if you are using a browser that supports it.

ps. you should have failed me man.... one of very few opportunities!

pps. nah that isn't me... here is a fail pic of me in college (5yrs ago)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/Ziggyzaggy.jpg

Original Poster

thesaint;2128817

Why not open another "Tab" or "Window"?

Smarty pants!

I wanted a technical answer and you give me common sense!!!!

Good call Mr Templar!

:whistling:

Banned

WantOne;2128831

Smarty pants!I wanted a technical answer and you give me common … Smarty pants!I wanted a technical answer and you give me common sense!!!!Good call Mr Templar!:whistling:

another option would be to keep your history tab open to jump directly to the main page...:thumbsup:

Original Poster

OK

imranmaz;2128829

Oh... ok i see what you mean... if you use multi quote you wont have to … Oh... ok i see what you mean... if you use multi quote you wont have to use backspace as much... but as far as I know there is no other option.(what I normally do is "open as new tab") that is if you are using a browser that supports it.ps. you should have failed me man.... one of very few opportunities!pps. nah that isn't me... here is a fail pic of me in college (5yrs ago)

FAILED

OK, I will look at doing that better one of these days!

:-D

Thanks M8
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc36
      3. Kitchen tap replacement22
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34

See more discussions