Groups
    EXPIRED

I know its been asked before...laptop-cheap as possible please new or recon

Anyone can help me please? hasnt got to be fab spec as its for a 9year old but she will want to use DVDS on it.
    Any suggestions rep given!
    Thanks, Lou x

10 Comments

netbooks don't take DVDs, so laptop.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;3421840

netbooks don't take DVDs, so laptop.

thanks i wanted that clarifying:thumbsup: cos i am not technical. I have looked at the big pockets ones-are they worth it? has anyone bought one can give me an idea how good they were?

This same question was asked about 2 hours ago.

To save everyone retyping the same information suggest you look at some of the answers on there:

hotukdeals.com/ite…pto

guilbert53;3422015

This same question was asked about 2 hours ago.To save everyone retyping … This same question was asked about 2 hours ago.To save everyone retyping the same information suggest you look at some of the answers on there:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/273156/help-plse-my-daughter-wants-a-lapto

Ha, was typing while you were posting! lol :-D

Original Poster

mbgringo;3422064

Ha, was typing while you were posting! lol :-D

Thanks! just my friend has an even tighter budget-3 kids-just seperated-and v little to spare:oops:

could you look at the bigpockets recons for me if you know about laptops?
    Thanks if you have time.

Original Poster

guilbert53;3422015

This same question was asked about 2 hours ago.To save everyone retyping … This same question was asked about 2 hours ago.To save everyone retyping the same information suggest you look at some of the answers on there:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/273156/help-plse-my-daughter-wants-a-lapto

no its not quite the same as she has a decent budget:x
    Thanks anyway:)

louloo;3422116

no its not quite the same as she has a decent budget:xThanks anyway:)

You dont say what your budget is, but you are not going to get a new laptop for much less than £300.

Buying second hand is always risky, particularly if you do not know much about laptops.

Even recon laptops can be around £250 to £280 mark (they often are not recon, they are usualy just old models - 6 months old say - that the shop are trying to sell off.

Places like PC World and Currys do recon. Here is the recon (refurbished) site for PC World, they do seem to have a couple at the £220 and £240 mark but the rest are £270 to £299 and above.

pcworld.co.uk/mar…rue

Here is the Currys refurbished site, and they have some at around £200 and slightly above (just noticed many of the cheaper one are out of stock)

currys.co.uk/mar…rue

mbgringo;3422048

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/4x_vostro_a860?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en&s=bsd - or the fabled £230 vostro, basic but has the dvd drive (not a dvd writer) - delivery delays on this though . .

But when you add VAT and delivery it comes to £293

Original Poster

guilbert53;3422615

But when you add VAT and delivery it comes to £293

Thanks for all your work-I think we will keep a watch on the pcworld refurbs:thumbsup:

would love to know if any feedback on the bigpockets ones tho:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352

See more discussions