Groups

I know you hate these threads, but how much is my pc worth lol?

Heyall, sorry if you hate these threads.

Whats this pc worth? About 2 years old.

Spec

Core 2 Duo 6400
    2GB Ram
    320GB HDD
    BFG 8800 GTS
    DVD RW
    Media Card Reader
    400W Power Supply

Just wondering of its value :s

Thanks for any help

15 Comments

£200 odd quid I would've thought, are you looking to sell?

about £150

Original Poster

muffin247;2623120

about £150

really?

The graphics card is selling in PC World @ the moment for £200 odd, would have thought a bit more?

Fact is base units depreciate a lot, mainly due to the fact that laptops are more desirable - I'd expect around 50%+ drop of resale value in just the first six months, especially if it is a unbranded jobie

Original Poster

MoneySavingG;2623185

Fact is base units depreciate a lot, mainly due to the fact that laptops … Fact is base units depreciate a lot, mainly due to the fact that laptops are more desirable - I'd expect around 50%+ drop of resale value in just the first six months, especially if it is a unbranded jobie

Oh, should I have mentioned its a Compaq, with XP Standard, and the free Vista Premium Upgrade license?

About £250 I would say as it's pretty good spec even for now!

Banned

I would buy this for 200 -225 quids, the specs are very decent, but again the fact of the matter is that the PC AND ALSO LAPTOP depriciate at least 50% in price in the first one year because there are newer and better models available

I reckon no warranty ?

aircanman;2623148

really? The graphics card is selling in PC World @ the moment for £200 … really? The graphics card is selling in PC World @ the moment for £200 odd, would have thought a bit more?

unfortunatly pc world prices are not real world prices lol
    is it the new g92 8800 GTS? how much ram is on the gfx?

Original Poster

muffin247;2625313

unfortunatly pc world prices are not real world prices lolis it the new … unfortunatly pc world prices are not real world prices lolis it the new g92 8800 GTS? how much ram is on the gfx?

dont get me wrong, I know that fact lol.

Dont know which one it is, bought it about a year ago.

I think I will get £200 for this locally without the card, as I have already been offered something similar. May just keep the card. Not that I play any sort of games lol!

must be the old 8800 320mb g80, if u do decide to keep it im on the lookout for a gfx card as my one has died and may be interested in purchasing this off you

Original Poster

muffin247;2627685

must be the old 8800 320mb g80, if u do decide to keep it im on the … must be the old 8800 320mb g80, if u do decide to keep it im on the lookout for a gfx card as my one has died and may be interested in purchasing this off you

heyo, its the 640mb version I believe, well, it says 640mb in dxdiag

wat wud you pay for it?

I would say about £250 - £300

aircanman;2628970

heyo, its the 640mb version I believe, well, it says 640mb in dxdiag … heyo, its the 640mb version I believe, well, it says 640mb in dxdiag :Swat wud you pay for it?

well remembering a 8800GT can be had brand new for £80 and is a better card id be looking less than this
    give me a price?

Original Poster

muffin247;2629235

well remembering a 8800GT can be had brand new for £80 and is a better … well remembering a 8800GT can be had brand new for £80 and is a better card id be looking less than thisgive me a price?

Ill keep, thanks for the interest tho.

About 210£ if you are sellng it, to buy from a shop about 300£
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      2. Did you know?2951
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      4. word association Game72744169

See more discussions