Groups

I live in a block with a communal sky dish, if I want to install a Freesat Box will it work ok off the sky dish ??

10 Comments

Yes

You can turn your sky box into a freesat box with a one off fee

ding

You can turn your sky box into a freesat box with a one off fee

really how much does it cost

I understand its a different satellite so would need pointing in a slightly different direction .

[quote]If you're an existing Sky customer and have your own equipment then you'll just need to buy a viewing card for £25.

Read more: which.co.uk/rev…sky - Which?/quote]

Banned

[quote=ding]

If you're an existing Sky customer and have your own equipment then … If you're an existing Sky customer and have your own equipment then you'll just need to buy a viewing card for £25.Read more: http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/tv-providers/article/free-tv/what-is-freesat-from-sky - Which?/quote]

I dont think you cannot record though. So if you want to record you need a new freesat recorder.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 27th Aug 2016

Banned

rogparki

I understand its a different satellite so would need pointing in a … I understand its a different satellite so would need pointing in a slightly different direction .

Freesat is a different satellite but it doesnt need moving because freesat is also available off of the sky satellite

archer1204

really how much does it cost

nothing, pull your sky card out of your box and you will see what channels you get, I don't get Dave but all other freeview channels.

Just cancel your sky subsciption and you will still get all the free channels, but no recording, if you want to record just swap the box for a freesat recorder
    Edited by: "mikey_d" 27th Aug 2016

mikey_d

Just cancel your sky subsciption and you will still get all the free … Just cancel your sky subsciption and you will still get all the free channels, but no recording, if you want to record just swap the box for a freesat recorder

^^^^^
    This
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
      2. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827
      3. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar33
      4. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue34

See more discussions