Expired

I lost my provisional driving licence!

Found 11th Jun 2014
So this is a long one!

I lost my provisional driving licence and had a new one issued, Then all of a sudden I lost the new one and I found my old one. I have both parts to my old provisional drivers licence, the card and the paper sheet. Can I continue to use the old one and book my theory test or do I have to order a new one?

Thanks everyone!
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Ask the DVLA in the morning, below are their contact details.

gov.uk/con…vla
I'd wait until you lose your old 1 and find your new 1.
I hope you waited more than 2 minutes to class your driving licenses as 'lost'
Are you sure you will be safe in control of a car ?
Transformers

Ask the DVLA in the morning, below are their contact … Ask the DVLA in the morning, below are their contact details.https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla

This,

Also keep in mind to have your national insurance number & credit card handy, i believe theres a £20 charge for them sending you a new one
the old licence will no longer be valid
transit

This answer is is the one you should follow, and all will end in a positive outcome.
as far as i knw, your old one would have been cancelled. you cant use that and you will need to apply for a new one
The issue numbers printed on the licence would have changed cancelling the old licence. You can book a theory test as the drivers number would not change, however, when you go for your theory test, they will check your licence and that it is up to date. If you book your theory test 2-3 weeks ahead, it will give you a chance to obtain a replacement. If you think you can find the lost licence soon, you can go ahead and book the test anyway. Do remember, you will need to give 3 clear working days notice to cancel if you do not find or obtain your licence in time.
transit

You're not gonna believe this. I laughed when you replied yesterday but today... guess what! Some kind person posted my new drivers licence back and now I've got both! Great advice!
Badcop999

You're not gonna believe this. I laughed when you replied yesterday but … You're not gonna believe this. I laughed when you replied yesterday but today... guess what! Some kind person posted my new drivers licence back and now I've got both! Great advice!

I can believe it X) , glad you got sorted.
Back from where.......its a strange thing to leave about?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants