Groups

I love eating Tuna....BUT

....after watching the last episode of south pacific tonight on BBC it has made me think..just wondered if anyone else here felt the same way...

South Pacific 6 part series was the best documentary..Thanks to BBC

9 Comments

What put you off it? I never saw the programme but if it's anything to do with dolphin's I've seen a lot of tins saying 'Dolphin Friendly'.

yeah i watched it i never ate tuna before but if i did i dont think i would after watching it matey the only way to stop that cruelty is to stop eating it buddy nice to know people hae hearts still

Did you not see blood, sweat and takeaways? (on BBC three), it showed what happened to the tuna AFTER they are caught, its even more horrific.

its just a fish!!!

muffin247;5491895

its just a fish!!!

and your point is?
    We all know it's a fish - but killing it is still cruel. Why does it matter what kind of animal it is when we consider cruelty? Can't see the reasoning myself.....
    I think that everyone who eats meat should have to see how it is killed. Don't object to anyone eating meat if they can kill it themselves or watch it being killed.

Susannah;5492616

and your point is?We all know it's a fish - but killing it is still … and your point is?We all know it's a fish - but killing it is still cruel. Why does it matter what kind of animal it is when we consider cruelty? Can't see the reasoning myself.....I think that everyone who eats meat should have to see how it is killed. Don't object to anyone eating meat if they can kill it themselves or watch it being killed.

It was created to feed us, it does not have the intellectual capacity to do anything but swim feed and breed, therefore it's only use is food. tbh i could easily kill for food.

u think u really can escape cruelty when u shop in the supermarket, if it aint the fish its the chicken, if not the chicken the cow
    u really cant escape it unless u grow and rear your own lol

Original Poster

well...I dont want to try to get into reasoning about it,.but thats how I felt about it. I know there are supermarkets selling Dolphin friendly tuna...which is what I would normally look when it comes to buying but end of the day....its only a label...how many supermarkets are fooling us labelling it wrong and charging us but not providing the money to sustainable farming or rearing..

thats another debate.

What tonights episode of BBC's South Pacific did was present the programme with a fact...that pursue style fishing with trailers picks up fish in one haul from the ocean that previously use to be fished in one year..

ok, its late now and I dont have the correct figure they mentioned but you can certainly catch up on iplayer and just watch tonights episode..it has greenpeace footage..

Susannah;5492616

and your point is?We all know it's a fish - but killing it is still … and your point is?We all know it's a fish - but killing it is still cruel. Why does it matter what kind of animal it is when we consider cruelty? Can't see the reasoning myself.....I think that everyone who eats meat should have to see how it is killed. Don't object to anyone eating meat if they can kill it themselves or watch it being killed.

why should i need to see an animal killed or kill it myself to justify eating it? have you never bought a cheap piece of clothing or cheap electronics - they are ethically/morally dubious in some people's eyes with labour exploitation and apaaling human work conditions & so forth. there are lots of things in this world that are fine by some, and not by others, but why push your morals around, just live a life that pleases your viewpoint without evangelising
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions