I may sound thick!!! but WHAT IS BLU RAY?

18 replies
Found 8th May 2009
Is it only me that doesnt no?
helpp me.

1. Misc
  2. Blu-Ray
18 Comments

this is from wiki

Blu-ray Disc (also known as Blu-ray or BD) is an optical disc storage medium designed by Sony to supersede the standard DVD format. Its main uses are high-definition video and data storage with 50GB per disc. The disc has the same physical dimensions as standard DVDs and CDs.

The name Blu-ray Disc is derived from the blue laser (violet-colored) used to read and write to this type of disc. In part because of the shorter wavelength (405 nanometres), substantially more data (almost 6 times more) can be stored on a Blu-ray Disc than on a standard DVD, which uses a red (650 nm) laser.

Original Poster

Whats the difference between Blu ray dvd and watching a normal dvd??? xx

Hey! Welcome to Planet Earth. We're all nuts here but mostly harmless. Staying long? :w00t:

kerri_ Whats the difference between Blu ray dvd and watching a normal dvd??? xx

[url]www.google.com[/url]

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5153109

better picture and sound quality (also dependant on your screen … better picture and sound quality (also dependant on your screen resolution, frequency and sound system)

oh so not much then

thankyou.
xxxx

kerri_ oh so not much thenthankyou. xxxx

MinstrelMan;5153153

all depends if you find that kinda thing important...... being a … all depends if you find that kinda thing important...... being a techno-geek, I do. being a woman you'd probably rather spend the difference in cost on shoes :lol:

made me laugh :-D:-D

kerri_ oh so not much thenthankyou. xxxx

Yes much then!

I would say if you have lived this long without it you probably don't need to know!

Massive difference in picture quality!

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5153153

all depends if you find that kinda thing important...... being a … all depends if you find that kinda thing important...... being a techno-geek, I do. being a woman you'd probably rather spend the difference in cost on shoes :lol:

Yeah ile think ile get a new handbag instead...

:-)

thanks anyway.x

Original Poster

Afterburner;5153208

Yes much then!If you have a TV that can resolve 1080p, the picture … Yes much then!If you have a TV that can resolve 1080p, the picture difference is truly astounding. If you only have an HD-ready TV that can resolve 720p (which will probably then facilitate upscaling to 1080i) then the difference is far less pronounced.

that doesnt mean ANYTHING to me,so supose im not missing out.

the only difference is the blu ray picture is a lot clearer and sharper but blu ray disc are so exspensive so you are better off just bying a normal dvd

linda turnock;5153422

the only difference is the blu ray picture is a lot clearer and sharper … the only difference is the blu ray picture is a lot clearer and sharper but blu ray disc are so exspensive so you are better off just bying a normal dvd

its the main difference, its not the only difference.

kerri_ that doesnt mean ANYTHING to me,so supose im not missing out.

Sorry, you are right, that's not very helpful.

its a ray that shoots deadly blue light at you...its assocaited to swine flu!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?53
    2. Toyota verso camera22
    3. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88

See more discussions