Groups

I met a Nutter.....

Have a question about Catholics and Christianity.
    See first post.....

LOL, thanks for the title advice Alfonse.

21 Comments

Original Poster

Yesterday I was out with some friends. One of my friends saw a few friends of his so we went over to say hi.
    After a while we were talking about one of the girls and found out she was a christian since she was wearing a cross (no idea how the religion came into it or how the religion matters :S).
    Anyway the guy that knew her said 'I never knew you were a christian' and she replies with a sarcastic comment basically saying he was an idiot. She then goes on to say that she's not a Christian she's a catholic.
    Then the topic of Jesus came into the conversation (no idea how that happened either :S).
    So to cut a long story short the girl was adamant that she didn't believe in Jesus, apparently no Catholics believe in Jesus. She said that Christianity is a branch off Catholicism and not the other way around.
    I then pointed out the cross she was wearing and why would she be wearing it if she doesn't believe in Jesus. She then has a huge go at me saying that the cross symbol has nothing to do with Jesus.

Anyway, I was just wondering if she's correct or just completely off her rocker? :thinking:

She is off her rocker - I'm a practicing Catholic and doing a phd in religious symbolism - trust me - she is soooooooooooo far off the mark !

This reminds me of David Bekham when he said he would get Brooklin Christened but he wasn't sure into which religion!

vbeardmore;2380205

She is off her rocker - I'm a practicing Catholic and doing a phd in … She is off her rocker - I'm a practicing Catholic and doing a phd in religious symbolism - trust me - she is soooooooooooo far off the mark !

what you planning on doing when you've finished doing that?

Off her rocker completely.

lol

The Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus Christ established.

Your thread title should be, I met a Nutter.

For once, I agree with you ;-)

Alfonse;2380213

Off her rocker completely.lolThe Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus … Off her rocker completely.lolThe Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus Christ established.Your thread title should be, I met a Nutter.

:giggle:

MinstrelMan;2380211

what you planning on doing when you've finished doing that?

Flipping burgers - with a title! lol

Original Poster

Thanks for that. Will update the title accordingly... :thumbsup::-D

vbeardmore;2380279

Flipping burgers - with a title! lol

at least your honest. :thumbsup:

vbeardmore;2380210

This reminds me of David Bekham when he said he would get Brooklin … This reminds me of David Bekham when he said he would get Brooklin Christend but he wasn't sure into which religion!

*whisper ahem :oops:

[COLOR="White"]PHD[/COLOR]

vbeardmore;2380205

She is off her rocker - I'm a practicing Catholic and doing a phd in … She is off her rocker - I'm a practicing Catholic and doing a phd in religious symbolism - trust me - she is soooooooooooo far off the mark !

agreed - how old was she - or should I say young!

Alfonse;2380308

*whisper ahem :oops:[COLOR="White"]PHD[/COLOR]

Point taken. Why do you think I said I would be flipping burgers? lol

vbeardmore;2380696

Point taken. Why do you think I said I would be flipping burgers? lol

lol is was just abit of fun, no offence meant. :oops::-D

Original Poster

octobergirl;2380609

agreed - how old was she - or should I say young!

Not sure. Looked around 17 but people she was hanging around with were in their early 20's.
    I'm not christian so I didn't want to offend her too much by calling her stupid, thought I would check first and next time I see her I can prove her wrong lol.

Like the new avvy btw ;-)

Banned

Should have smacked her in the face to knock some sense into her:whistling:

That wouldn't be very Christian....

Banned

franbo60;2380915

That wouldn't be very Christian....

She wouldn't know, not having a clue about religion herself:-D

Banned

i meet the same nutter every morning, she really needs a hair brush and getting some clothes on would be good for her, dont think she realises how much her body is heading north, so a good job i dont really have chance to chat as im always in a rush in a morning, quick glance in the mirror and thats all i have time for

Teen angst, don't you just love it !!

Banned

We have a nutty lady near us, long messy grey hair, always wears trainers, always swearing at the top of her voice to all the schoolkids and postboxes:w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044573
      2. Santander - Compensation1519
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags22
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder66

See more discussions