Expired

I need a basic digital camera around £60 or under for my Mum. Pls help

Found 28th Feb 2008
I want to buy my mum a new camera, she's not great with technology and still uses her old compact film camera. It needs to be a good camera capable of taking quality photos. Im not expecting anything amazing at that price, but she doesn't need that anyway.
Preferably SD memory card as thats what I use and its pretty damn cheap for SD memory at the moment.

8 Comments

tesco do a 7mp one for £39.99 i think but only instore

Original Poster

all of those look pretty awful. i want some recommendatons from people that know or thing or two or have them themselves. I have seen some quality brand ones for around £60. just need someone to recommend one of em

I bought a Technika from Tesco Direct half price around £33 two weeks ago, it is brilliant 7 mp and the battery is like a mobile phone one, when I got it home it ook 2 hrs to charge and I have ued it every day for two weeks and still charged my photos are great with it to is is the simplest camera to use.
Good luck

bargain crazy has a kodak bundle for £84 although if you use the 20% discount voucher WTPES001BCP brings it down to £71.15 the advantage of this is the printer charges the camera :thumbsup:

bargaincrazy.com/epa…01D

Would you consider a refurbished camera?

If so, might be worth trying: -
]Fuji
or the Canon Outlet on ebay (sorry , can't link to that one)

I can't comment on the Fuji site, but I have used the Canon Outlet on ebay twice and the cameras have always been as new, with everything included as it should be, and delivered within 2 days.

Also, there is always the chance that Canon will do another of their Cashback offers over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend - cannot be guaranteed obviously, but they seem to do them quite often, and it might bring a nice Powershot camera into your price range.

Don't forget to budget for some decent NiMH rechargeables if you get one that needs AA batteries!
Post a comment
@
    Text