I need a bendy drain rod

Found 25th Jan 2015
The pipe coming out of my kitchen into the ground is blocked, it goes into the ground about 10 inches and then has a 90 degree bend and then goes 2 feet and then their is a blockage.

I cann access it but need to push something through.

Would drain rods be able to go down 10 inches and then turn 90 degrees and then be pushed 2 feet or what would be he best way to clear it.

10 Comments

have u tried to plunger it or pump a mop down there a few times making sure the drain is full with water. or try the drain unblocker fluid usually does the trick.
Drain rods would work to. i would get it with the wheel add on to go around bends
Edited by: "kash2013" 25th Jan 2015

Drain unblocker fluid or an air pump device is probably the only option without disassembling the drain

Original Poster

kash2013

have u tried to plunger it or pump a mop down there a few times making … have u tried to plunger it or pump a mop down there a few times making sure the drain is full with water. or try the drain unblocker fluid usually does the trick. Drain rods would work to. i would get it with the wheel add on to go around bends

thanks, i can bend it around the bend by hand but wonder if the drain rods would break or not ?

allowed

thanks, i can bend it around the bend by hand but wonder if the drain … thanks, i can bend it around the bend by hand but wonder if the drain rods would break or not ?

Drain rods are very robust and are made to go around bends.

A few years ago I got something similar to a large bicycle pump from Screwfix after good reviews online. Had tried plungers, fluids etc without joy but this worked first time.

always found those thin plastic curtain rails good for unblocking drains, just remember to remove the curtains first.

I think some ingenuity is needed.

We have the same sort of set up and couldn't get drain rods round the bend but we got a wooden mop and when the drain was full I kept plunging the mop into the drain and the pressure cleared the blockage..

tarmacadam

A few years ago I got something similar to a large bicycle pump from … A few years ago I got something similar to a large bicycle pump from Screwfix after good reviews online. Had tried plungers, fluids etc without joy but this worked first time.

This they build a positive pressure in the drain, similar to plunging, but more efficient and quicker.

You might have some luck using a drain auger/snake
youtu.be/qg6…Nkk
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants