Groups
    EXPIRED

I need a Camera to record videos at high quality with clear sound

Hello HUKD community, I am a novice when it comes to purchasing cameras Please can somebody direct me to a camera for a budget of upto £300 to record great HD videos and superb sound quality i wish to use camera to record few private family parties and also be able to take high resolution pictures. Many Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

Er, GOPRO ? Have you been away for a while?

fairytooth

GoPro is predominantly for sporting/activity type shots. Yes it's good at it's job but for everyday use...I think you need to think again.

Original Poster

fairytooth

I should have mentioned do not want a GoPro sorry.

Cannon

Original Poster

coolfoufou

Cannon

Any model please?

The thing is Canon are excellent. I have just bought an IXUS 265HS last week when it price dropped to £90 on Amazon and it takes great pics & video.

But for all round easy use it is hard to beat a GoPro. Just point and shoot. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago where all the shots were GoPro, album and all. Excellent. OK maybe a bit too much fish eye sometimes. But for low light conditions (eg parties) superb results - and fun too.

Probably best to get an external sound recorder if sound really matters. In-camera sound is rarely good. I use a Canon 550D and an External Rode Video Mic.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions