I need a cheap smartphone with good battery life

11 replies
Found 8th Sep 2016
Hi all

I need a cheap smartphone that can do the following:

WhatsApp
Email
Internet Browsing

I don't need anything as advanced as iPhone or Samsung. Just want something basic with long battery life.

Any recommendations?

Thank you

11 Comments

I've been getting some good battery life out of Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3. I know it's chinese branded, but quite surprised at how good this phone actually is..

Yep if you're willing to go import the redmi 3 Pro will be perfect.

Moto E 2nd Gen. Excellent battery life and quite a decent phone.

Moto g4

Not an iphone then.

Doogee X5 MAX PRO - £75.99 via Amazon Marketplace
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16GB storage (~ 12GB usable)
- MicroSD card slot
- 2GB RAM
- removable 4000mAh high capacity battery (actually more ~ 3600mAh mark)
- Quad Core processor
- 5.0" IPS HD screen (720p)
- 8.0MP back camera
- 5.0MP front camera
- Dual micro SIM
- 3G/4G
- fingerprint reader, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor and Accelerometer
- OTG support (connect a flash drive to the USB port via a 99p adapter for easy data transfers)

By no means the best phone ever, but for the price and battery size it does score very high. There is also a slightly cheaper version of the Doogee X5 MAX PRO with only 1GB of RAM available on Ebay, but I would suggest avoiding that one.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 8th Sep 2016

OnePlus3 which has a Dash charge feature allows you to charge the phone from 0-60 in 30 mins. oneplus.net/uk/3

aight, all of the above recommendations are good and all that, but when it comes to battery life, none of them come close to the ulefone power.

it's a beast of a phone, i have thrown everything at it, and never managed to get it below 50% at the end of the day. full brightness, data over wi-fi, location and Bluetooth on, constant twitter and WhatsApp updates.

can be had for around £90 by Amazon prime

Nokia 3310 celotaped to a tablet.

but seriously oukitel k10000. cheap with 10000 mah battery

I bought a Homtom HT6 for this very reason, it lasts 7 days without a charge and charges in 45 mins on fast charge. Should be able to get one for under £100. I mainly use it for email, browsing, navigation and text. It's a bit heavy due to the batt but worth it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions