EXPIRED

I need a decent notebook/laptop please!!

Ok Im looking for a new laptop but dont really want to spend loads so i would probably be willing to spend £500 max.

So far I have found an Acer Aspire 1642ZWLMi P-M 1.7GHz 1GB 80GB 15.4" DL XPH for
[COLOR=Red]£487.27[/COLOR] delivered.

Can anyone find a better deal for me please????

Cheers

2 Comments

Hi there, have checked out the deal above at Savastore, seems like a good laptop!

The only other good deal i've seen is for the Dell Inspiron 6400

The current deal, for £488, is:
Intel core solo 1.86Ghz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD,CD-RW/DVD-ROM, upto 256MB shared video memory

The only thing i'd say is to add the dual layer DVD-writer, bringing the cost to £524.25 - BUT, go through Quidco, and you should HOPEFULLY get back about £20. The reason i'd choose the Dell above the Acer is that - it has a better battery (will last about 2-3hours), faster processor, MORE video memory (important for games, video & photo editing, etc.), and although has less RAM, RAM can be bought quite cheaply down the line (i bought a 512MB chip for my laptop for £15 off eBay!), whereas other things can't be upgraded!

The only issue I have with the Dell deal is that I THINK it was better a few days ago - I might be wrong, but I seem to remember them offering the Core Duo processor, but only a 60GB HDD - thats the thing about Dell, they are ALWAYS changing their prices and deals, but sometimes it pays off to wait for when the offer is good!

J

I have a feeling we will loose free delivery on Thursday, the above 6400 is the best of the bunch atm though it is just a solo cpu now.
If you dont need better than staandard on board video this with upgraded battery isnt a bad deal for £450 or less.

307-N07137 - £450 or less delivered
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 735a (1.70 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition, SP2 (incl Symantec PC Restore Recovery)
15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display
512MB 533MHz Single Channel DDR2 SDRAM (1x512)
80GB (5,400rpm) Hard Drive
Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW with Software
6 Cell, 56Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Free Mcafee Security/Anti-Virus Protection 15 months (offer expires today)

Buy via Quidco for further discount.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)11
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)713
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1923
    4. Problem with new double glazed installation99

See more discussions