Groups

I Need a Garden Hose Adapter for Kitchen Sink Tap?

Got no hose in the garden and until i get one put in I'm after an adapter that fixes to the kitchen sink tap which i then can connect to a hose.

Any ideas where i can get one from? Highstreet and online

16 Comments

Have you got an 'it's a gift' near you ? saw some in there yesterday (universal fitting ? )

You can get them in Poundland!

Wilkinson might have what you want, not sure what sort of tap you have but there were a few possibles on their website

wilkinsonplus.com/bin…m=2

Banned

Did different people write your thread title and description? :?

Original Poster

csiman;2055044

Did different people write your thread title and description? :?

OMG my post looked like my 1 year old typed it. Shocking spelling and grammer.

Banned

fleetingmind;2055060

OMG my post looked like my 1 year old typed it. Shocking spelling and … OMG my post looked like my 1 year old typed it. Shocking spelling and grammer.

I was intrigued how the title was perfect and the rest was barely readable :thumbsup:

Cheeky! You just changed it - lol.

All depends on your tap fitting BTW.

I got one in B&Q a month or so ago. Fitted ok, but as my tap wasn't round, takes a fair bit of fiddling to make sure it doesn't leak and spray everywhere. BEst way to do i found was to put it on with the water spraying everywhere, then gradually tighten it up. Then it's about ok to leave. Got my Kitchen soaked in the process though!!

I bought ours from B&Q last year I tried all the typesof adapter on the taps in the kitchen showroom that looked nearest to ours to get the best fit possible, took a bit of time and got some strange looks from staff and customers but I did buy the right one, unlike the year before when I bought three or four cheap ones that just led to a very wet kitchen.

Banned

If you are staying in the house for a while, then get an outdoor tap kit for about a tenner from wickes. So much easier in the long run and quite a simple diy task.

csiman;2056029

If you are staying in the house for a while, then get an outdoor tap kit … If you are staying in the house for a while, then get an outdoor tap kit for about a tenner from wickes. So much easier in the long run and quite a simple diy task.

When you say simple, how simple? Cos an outdoor tap would be great, but I always assumed I would need to pay a plumber to fix one in.

Banned

csiman;2056029

If you are staying in the house for a while, then get an outdoor tap kit … If you are staying in the house for a while, then get an outdoor tap kit for about a tenner from wickes. So much easier in the long run and quite a simple diy task.

I can't see how it's a 'simple DIY task'

I wonder how many people would find it 'simple' to do all that drilling and messing about with water pipes on here ?

csiman;2056029

Agree, something like this is easy to fit

]http//ww…tap

wilkos is probably best and cheapest, or try 99p stores or poundland if u have one near u

Banned

If you are staying in the house for a while, then get an outdoor tap kit for about a tenner from wickes. So much easier in the long run and quite a simple diy task.

Banned

wierdowoss;2056264

I can't see how it's a 'simple DIY task'I wonder how many people would … I can't see how it's a 'simple DIY task'I wonder how many people would find it 'simple' to do all that drilling and messing about with water pipes on here ?

How difficult is it really to cut a water pipe and drill a hole? Its not exactly brain surgery! :whistling:

I paid about a quid for one from wilkos - universal one cos a normal one wont fit on our taps.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846290
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162402
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426158

See more discussions