Groups
    EXPIRED

I need a kettle

I've just moved into a new build flat and I need to buy a kettle. I think you can buy kettles as cheap as 20 pounds and some as expensive as 80 pounds, what do you get for 4 times the price?

Has anyone got some good bargain kettles?

11 Comments

If you are going to use the kettle a lot then get a dearer one, if it's only for light usage a cheap £7 would be fine.

to be honest, i use the cheap asda one and it's lasted ages

I spent £50 on a kettle cos it looked pretty! Different coloured backlights for when it was boiling and it had a keep hot facility. I think it lasted 6 mnths tops. Not worth the extra at all.

missp27;6100955

to be honest, i use the cheap asda one and it's lasted ages

agreed these are good quality, we have had ours for a few years now and I am actually waiting for it to break so I can buy a different kettle :thumbsup:

queenlush;6100984

I spent £50 on a kettle cos it looked pretty! Different coloured … I spent £50 on a kettle cos it looked pretty! Different coloured backlights for when it was boiling and it had a keep hot facility. I think it lasted 6 mnths tops. Not worth the extra at all.

i wanted one like that but it the end i decided to be cheap, lol

missp27;6100918

you can buy a kettle from asda for £4.78 … you can buy a kettle from asda for £4.78 http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?departmentid=1214921923725

Best kettle I have ever had - all the expensive ones broke within 13 months - this cheap one is brilliant - I keep going back to it after my expensive ones have broken.

Original Poster

thanks, thats really helpful, so is it just the lights and keep hot facility? seems extortionate!

Original Poster

can i get free delivery somehow?

thomasgx1;6101066

thanks, thats really helpful, so is it just the lights and keep hot … thanks, thats really helpful, so is it just the lights and keep hot facility? seems extortionate!

Some are a super fast boil kettle, some hold more liquid. If you are only going to use it 3 or 4 times a day for just yourself then it's pointless getting a fancy one.

thomasgx1;6101197

can i get free delivery somehow?

there always in store or you can order it with your food delivery
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Raspberry pi as router for vpn26
      2. sky +box out of contract and using iplayer and ondemand34
      3. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress912
      4. Sky46

See more discussions