I need a metal detector recommendation please

10 replies
Found 23rd May 2011
My son has asked for one for his birthday, I am only after entry level and i really don't want to be paying more than £40-50

I know I am not going to get a professional one for that, but he is only 13 and I am not sure what use it will get, so any recommendations would be welcome.

10 Comments

Original Poster

Ah you stars

Garrett is a good make, it's the same make used in airports etc. Our was £200 and we've found about £3. To be fair its only been used a couple of times.

Original Poster

gavjbrown

Garrett is a good make, it's the same make used in airports etc. Our … Garrett is a good make, it's the same make used in airports etc. Our was £200 and we've found about £3. To be fair its only been used a couple of times.

Will have an investigate ta, may have a nosy see if there are any SH on ebay

skellysgirl

Will have an investigate ta, may have a nosy see if there are any SH on … Will have an investigate ta, may have a nosy see if there are any SH on ebay

If youre thinking of taking it up as a hobby I would ask for advice here ukdetectornet as there is a lot of rubbish out there.

Original Poster

My son is interested, so will show him it, he is only young, but the hubby will probs have a go too

skellysgirl

My son is interested, so will show him it, he is only young, but the … My son is interested, so will show him it, he is only young, but the hubby will probs have a go too

Which one have you decided on?

Just get a big magnet.

Original Poster

retiredcynic

Which one have you decided on?

The one in the second link is a good price and has good reviews on amazon, I'm just wondering if i am better of paying a bit more for a second hand one,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3285
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    3. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251

See more discussions