Expired

i need a mobile where i can insert and remove the sim card without removing the battery?

18 replies
14 Comments

Banned

i cant help you out im afraid, but curious to know why?

isnt that the standard way?

Ahh, you're a playa, aren't you?

buy an iphone!

Have a feeling you can on the Motorola V8 - but stand to be corrected

mmm...had the same problem and there is a phone where you just slide open the base, it's the Sony Ericsson K850i. Also it takes micro sd cards!!

nokia 5310

nokia 6300 you have to take battery cover off, but you don't take battery out or have to reset, can all be done with phone switched on, also nokia 5800, nokia n96

Nokia 2650

6300 you DO have to take the battery OUT.

waycash;4585899

nokia 6300 you have to take battery cover off, but you don't take battery … nokia 6300 you have to take battery cover off, but you don't take battery out or have to reset, can all be done with phone switched on, also nokia 5800, nokia n96

You have to take the battery out on the 5800 to remove the sim card though as you have to push it with the stylus, I can't see how you can grip it from the side as it's well tucked in. The N96's simcard holder sits beneath the battery with no access to the side for it at all, the battery has to come out to get access to the simcard.

The Nokia N93 can have its simcard installed or removed without touching the battery but I doubt it meets the rest of your requirements.

John

Banned

I'm able to take the sim out from my HTC Kaiser and iPhone without removing the battery. However, not sure why you'd want to do this - and I'm fairly sure doing this forces a reboot.

The phone will need to at least restart portions of itself if not the entire device if a sim is inserted while it's powered on to allow it to use the sim, from memory when using a dual sim card there was a code you needed to type in on Nokias to switch from one sim to the other.

John

most sony erricsons
defantly the w810i has a slot in the side
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769639
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35110
    3. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1833
    4. Boredom1519

See more discussions