Groups

i need a new computer under £250

Hello all i am asking anyone out there if there are any decent new computers under £250 that can play call of duty 4 with ease. I love playing the game in gaming shops but my rubbish computer cant cope. Thanks

7 Comments

thats without a monitor, yes?

Original Poster

yeah its without moniter

What computer you have got now? Give the full specifiction of it. £250 is not that much for a new computer that would play COD4 with ease unless you can build a computer yourself (or you have someone that would do this for you) ... maybe upgrade ....

You could pick up a
    Intel dual core 2.0GHz
    2GB Ram
    80GB HDD
    512MB gfx

no OS

on ebuyer for about £180 if you build it yourself.

Can someone help me please.

whats the best agp card around?

thanks

Forgot to mention for around £40 dont mind if used.

MarzBarz;2078221

whats the best agp card around?

AMD Radeon HD 3850, it's a bit more expensive than £40 though. You might be able to pick up a second hand X1950 or 7900 for that price though.

@hot_martyn2008. Do you have a copy of windows XP that you could legitimately use on the new computer? Anything else you could use? £250 for a complete base unit isn't very much.

EndlessWaves;2078769

AMD Radeon HD 3850, it's a bit more expensive than £40 though. You might … AMD Radeon HD 3850, it's a bit more expensive than £40 though. You might be able to pick up a second hand X1950 or 7900 for that price [email protected]_martyn2008. Do you have a copy of windows XP that you could legitimately use on the new computer? Anything else you could use? £250 for a complete base unit isn't very much.

yep, a bit more expensive - ATI - 3850 approx £100
    I am not sure whether £40 will be enough to buy any 1950 or 7900...even if ...what about PSU? Branded 400W it's a minimum.
    IMO - investing any money in AGP is absolutely pointless unless you have got relatively new [email protected] s939 or some Pentium D + plenty of RAM - that would back spending some money ( maybe 40-50£) ,

Go for something like : E2160 + [email protected] Intel P35 or nvidia 650i (Foxconn P35A,Abit IP35-E,ASUS P5K,EVGA,XFXi...) + 2GB [email protected] + DVDRW(Pioneer or Samsung) + 250GB (Samsung,Hitachi) + 8600GT (i.e. XXX made by [email protected]£50) + 460W [email protected]ldn't cost much more than you have got ...even with Windows
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions