Groups
    EXPIRED

I need a new freeview recorder please pick me one

Hey my freeview recorder is rubbish and crashes so im takingit back tommorow(today as its past 12) i paid £95 for it was a 160gb digihome

Anyways the ones on argos are of poor selection so i thought id ask the help of you lot to find me a new decent one

Basically i want this spec
    Sagem DTR67250T ECO 250GB Digital TV Recorder with HDMI.

but better as reviews say its poor e.g series recording problems and only shows whats on when flicking through channels no NOW AND NEXT

Daniel

p.s rep for all good replies oh and nothing more than £150 please

13 Comments

Original Poster

v2drinkers;2860387

Humax all the way

where - which model - how much

Original Poster

v2drinkers;2860410

9200T £99.99 Argos - still available in some stores but not showing on … 9200T £99.99 Argos - still available in some stores but not showing on web - marked as managers clearance near me.Or the 9150 for £129.99 at argos this one has HDMI which you are after

need hdmi really and ability to transfer the videos to the pc
    what about this one
    Wharfedale LP250DTRHDM

v2drinkers;2860410

9200T £99.99 Argos - still available in some stores but not showing on … 9200T £99.99 Argos - still available in some stores but not showing on web - marked as managers clearance near me.Or the 9150 for £129.99 at argos this one has HDMI which you are after

The 9200T is now £129.99 and the 9150 does not have HDMI its the 9300 that has the HDMI output.

Why do you need HDMI ??

Freeview isn't broadcast in HD, nor is it likely to be.

Another vote for Humax - unbeatable.

Humax. I have two after trying the rest.

v2drinkers;2860410

The 9150T doesn't have hdmi, but the 9300T with also its larger 320GB Hard drive does, however it costs £200 from argos. You can get from martin dawes fro £178
    ]http//ww…-GB

Inactive;2860648

Why do you need HDMI ??Freeview isn't broadcast in HD, nor is it likely … Why do you need HDMI ??Freeview isn't broadcast in HD, nor is it likely to be.

The HDMI connection will give a better picture which is upscaled to HD (not true HD), I don't thnk the Humax box would be able to recieve Freeview HD if/when this happens

Better picture
    ]http//ww…e=4

Coldape;2861259

The HDMI connection will give a better picture which is upscaled to HD … The HDMI connection will give a better picture which is upscaled to HD (not true HD), I don't thnk the Humax box would be able to recieve Freeview HD if/when this happensBetter picture]

Yeah right.. :roll:

Banned

Coldape;2861259

The HDMI connection will give a better picture which is upscaled to HD … The HDMI connection will give a better picture which is upscaled to HD (not true HD), I don't thnk the Humax box would be able to recieve Freeview HD if/when this happensBetter picturehttp://www.hummy.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4428&page=4

Not true at all. HDMI is just an interface cable. The device needs to do the upscaling and any decent TV will upscale it anyway.

Original Poster

The hdmi will upscale the freeview picture - you all are recommending humax but can you post the models you have

but is this one decent

Sagem DTR67250T ECO 250GB Digital TV Recorder with HDMI.

I have the older 9200Humax, which i've been very pleased with.

For customer reviews of the Sagem DTR67250T look at the QVC website
    ]http//ww…K21
    Don't look that positive, have read other reviews indicating problems when trying to record with series link, especially on channel 4?

Banned

have you considered getting BT vision. Its similar to sky+, but using freeview. Plus you also get the great content that BT have to offer.

There was a special offer on where you could get one installed for £30
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826364
      2. love affairs1338
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344

See more discussions