I need a new Phone

Found 31st Jul
Truth is I don't want a new phone, but my Mother has insisted I buy a phone! :-(

Budget is 100, Does 100 quid even buy a new phone these days? ....is what I've been telling her for ages!

Anyways, can I get a new phone for a ton?

The last new phone I bought was in 2012, from Amazon. It was one of those Chinese unbranded thingies that cost about £120. I'm looking to spend the same amount but I don't want a phone with batteries that are dead after normal usage, and a phone that weighs my trousers down!

I'm quite happy with a 2nd hand phone, so long as it can still browse the web and take decent photos on the camera.

tldr - find me a cheap Samsung S5 for under £150

Community Updates
Ask
30 Comments
Hi Billy.

Sorry I can't help you, but there's lots of peeps on here know a lot about best bargains on phones; hopefully someone shall pop along soon.
eBay, Moto g6
A Moto G5 goes for like 90 quid on eBay.
The Ulefone Mix is currently a bargain £51.49 on Amazon! PM me for details.

I highly rate the phone, camera is rubbish as expected but the phone is quality for the price - display looks amazing and phone runs what is pretty much stock Android with a few added features. Only niggle is the SIM card tray slot but that's it (I returned mine that I bought 2 months ago and am buying a new one from Amazon because the screen protector came off, and it is now just under £30 cheaper).

Phone on Gearbest is £100+, they were selling 1 unit at around $70 for the presale and that was impossible to get, never been as cheap again there.

Alternatively, the Xiaomi Mi A1 will be hitting around £100 soon, due to the Mi A2/A2 Lite's release.
Edited by: "jamie015" 1st Aug
If you want an iPhone. Refurbished Ses pop up on here regularly for under £100. Good little phone!
MotoG6 play ,£149 from Amazon , also Argos stock it at £149 and you could get the £10 voucher with it - sadly they currently have no stock anywhere .
You don't want to be paying £150 for an S5 - I have one and I reckon its worth about £40 these days .
If your mum wants you to have a new phone your mum should buy it especially if you don't need one!
rogparki12 h, 1 m ago

You don't want to be paying £150 for an S5 - I have one and I reckon its …You don't want to be paying £150 for an S5 - I have one and I reckon its worth about £40 these days .

this.

S7 edges are going for about £150 on ebay just now.
The best phone for your money with big battery is the Redmi 5 plus for £105
Really excellent phone, iv got a few for my family. Very smooth and fast and battery last 2 days
Cover your existing phone in silver foil and draw an Apple on the back.
Now you've the latest phone, which isn't much better than the last model
fern379 h, 25 m ago

this.S7 edges are going for about £150 on ebay just now.

probably not what you or billy are after but sorely tempted myself
hotukdeals.com/dea…203

just after something a little smaller.
postmang9 h, 48 m ago

If your mum wants you to have a new phone your mum should buy it …If your mum wants you to have a new phone your mum should buy it especially if you don't need one!

She is buying it (partly) There were 5 crisp 20 pound notes in my recent Birthday card!

fern379 h, 26 m ago

this.S7 edges are going for about £150 on ebay just now.

just searched ebay and all the s7's under £150 seem to be broken
BillySollox25 m ago

just searched ebay and all the s7's under £150 seem to be broken

when i was looking at selling mine, s7 edges refurbed were approx £170.
The Moto was on offer on car phone warehouse today I think it was 150
I bought zte for 50 for a child but some great deals
fern3722 h, 56 m ago

Can you lend me 70 quid?

BillySollox11 m ago

Can you lend me 70 quid?

only if you can lend me £100

I'm struggling to get a back up phone in case my S7 dies. Paranoid now that I am on a sim only deal and not a contract with a warranty.
I've lowered my sights. Maybe a S6 is possible?

I have a 10 quid off voucher on ebay that's valid on anything until the 15th.

I don't wish to buy a phone from a private seller, cos knowing my luck it will be stolen/blocked.

over to you lovely lot
BillySollox5 m ago

I've lowered my sights. Maybe a S6 is possible?I have a 10 quid off …I've lowered my sights. Maybe a S6 is possible?I have a 10 quid off voucher on ebay that's valid on anything until the 15th.I don't wish to buy a phone from a private seller, cos knowing my luck it will be stolen/blocked.over to you lovely lot

Ulefone Mix is now £68.99 on Amazon in blue, can't beat it for the price IMO.
BillySollox37 m ago

I've lowered my sights. Maybe a S6 is possible?I have a 10 quid off …I've lowered my sights. Maybe a S6 is possible?I have a 10 quid off voucher on ebay that's valid on anything until the 15th.I don't wish to buy a phone from a private seller, cos knowing my luck it will be stolen/blocked.over to you lovely lot

I started looking at the samsung s5 as I used to have that before the s7 edge and loved it but a refurbed one with a warranty is outside my price range too.

I'm waiting to see what you buy then maybe go for the same.

What are peoples' views on the samsung A6?
fern371st Aug

Refurbished on eBay can be very dodgy. Who knows what parts they have used. If they have opened the phone and they're not authorised Samsung repairers it's also not water resistant anymore...
hearts228 h, 40 m ago

Refurbished on eBay can be very dodgy. Who knows what parts they have …Refurbished on eBay can be very dodgy. Who knows what parts they have used. If they have opened the phone and they're not authorised Samsung repairers it's also not water resistant anymore...

i look at feedback for refurbs and what else they sell. Been stung one with a HTC Desire that just didn't run right so I'll just have to save up and buy a decent phone.
Just learned that the S6 doesn't have a micro sd card slot.

Back to the S5 we go!
BillySollox7 m ago

Just learned that the S6 doesn't have a micro sd card slot.Back to the S5 …Just learned that the S6 doesn't have a micro sd card slot.Back to the S5 we go!

You have to swipe up to use the fingerprint sensor on the S5, plus it doesn't get any more updates/patches.
A friend had said that too so I think it's going to be the samsung A6 if I see it on offer. EE had it on offer at about £90 but missed that or was it 3!?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants