I need a new Xiaomi phone

Found 16th Jun
Ok, my Maze Alpha, which I have owned for six months is having charging problems because I dropped it while it was charging and so, it is very hit and miss as to whether it charges. It is only a matter of time until I end up having to replace it.

So, this leads me onto one of the Xiaomi phones. Ideally I want a six inch screen and 3 or 4GB Ram with 64Gb Rom - where is the best place to buy? What is the best deal and how can I get it shipped quickly?

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? As I mentioned, I would like this delivered pretty quickly!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Send your phone back. I had a phone and after 4 months it wouldn't charge.I sent it back to Amazon,they refunded me the full price and i bought a new different phone.
AW007938 m ago

Send your phone back. I had a phone and after 4 months it wouldn't …Send your phone back. I had a phone and after 4 months it wouldn't charge.I sent it back to Amazon,they refunded me the full price and i bought a new different phone.

+1 to this, especially if you bought from amazon, I sent a Samsung back after 6 months when a software update caused battery drain. A full refund they gave me too.
Dannyrobbo44 m ago

+1 to this, especially if you bought from amazon, I sent a Samsung back …+1 to this, especially if you bought from amazon, I sent a Samsung back after 6 months when a software update caused battery drain. A full refund they gave me too.

I agree with both comments above but I can't be without a phone so I would need to purchase it before hand. It is not just the fact that the charge doesn't work, it has affected the fingerprint scanner as well
brettytopbanana1 h, 18 m ago

I agree with both comments above but I can't be without a phone so I would …I agree with both comments above but I can't be without a phone so I would need to purchase it before hand. It is not just the fact that the charge doesn't work, it has affected the fingerprint scanner as well

When you get your new phone give Amazon a try and see if you can get a refund :-)
brettytopbanana2 h, 3 m ago

I agree with both comments above but I can't be without a phone so I would …I agree with both comments above but I can't be without a phone so I would need to purchase it before hand. It is not just the fact that the charge doesn't work, it has affected the fingerprint scanner as well

Maybe purchase a phone with better build quality Xiaomi is cheap for the specs you get but their build quality isn’t that good. The Oneplus range is better I think.
Massively recommend the Redmi 5 Plus, its amazing, I cannot praise it enough.
Offical Global version with Band 20 from Aliexpress. Have purchased 3 of them over the last few months for family and friends.
£105 3/32GB here
£122 4/64GB here
Dannyrobbo1 h, 17 m ago

Maybe purchase a phone with better build quality Xiaomi is cheap for the …Maybe purchase a phone with better build quality Xiaomi is cheap for the specs you get but their build quality isn’t that good. The Oneplus range is better I think.

Xiaomi are the 4th or 5th biggest phone company and pretty well renowned for a decent build quality compared to most. Friend with a oneplus 3 has had so many problems, although I know someone else with the oneplus one without many issues.

They won't go wrong with an xiaomi though, the Redmi 5 Plus or Redmi Note 5 (global version of either) would both fit their needs.
Sandy10121 h, 7 m ago

Massively recommend the Redmi 5 Plus, its amazing, I cannot praise it …Massively recommend the Redmi 5 Plus, its amazing, I cannot praise it enough.Offical Global version with Band 20 from Aliexpress. Have purchased 3 of them over the last few months for family and friends.£105 3/32GB here£122 4/64GB here

Thanks for that. Any idea what I should choose in terms of delivery to ensure I get it quickly? I get that i will probably have to pay customs
dcx_badass23 m ago

Xiaomi are the 4th or 5th biggest phone company and pretty well renowned …Xiaomi are the 4th or 5th biggest phone company and pretty well renowned for a decent build quality compared to most. Friend with a oneplus 3 has had so many problems, although I know someone else with the oneplus one without many issues.They won't go wrong with an xiaomi though, the Redmi 5 Plus or Redmi Note 5 (global version of either) would both fit their needs.

I cant knock them for their price but I really don’t rate their build quality, my mates new 5X with awful screen flickering out the box, it’s the lack of a warranty that you should be worrried about OP he is snookered because they don’t want to know they say it’s software and there will be a fix etc and none has materialised.
Dannyrobbo1 m ago

I cant knock them for their price but I really don’t rate their build q …I cant knock them for their price but I really don’t rate their build quality, my mates new 5X with awful screen flickering out the box, it’s the lack of a warranty that you should be worrried about OP he is snookered because they don’t want to know they say it’s software and there will be a fix etc and none has materialised.

I get what you are saying but if I am going to pay 122 for a phone then I'm not bothered if it lasts a few months. This maze alpha has been the best phone I've had and the damage is my fault but it cost me 160 and lasted 6 months.
brettytopbanana41 m ago

Thanks for that. Any idea what I should choose in terms of delivery to …Thanks for that. Any idea what I should choose in terms of delivery to ensure I get it quickly? I get that i will probably have to pay customs

I'm not sure as I always choose the free delivery and takes about 15-20 days to arrive.
If you choose faster delivery your 99% going to have to pay customs so if you choose that be sure you ask them to put under $30 value as you, so won't cost alot
Dannyrobbo36 m ago

I cant knock them for their price but I really don’t rate their build q …I cant knock them for their price but I really don’t rate their build quality, my mates new 5X with awful screen flickering out the box, it’s the lack of a warranty that you should be worrried about OP he is snookered because they don’t want to know they say it’s software and there will be a fix etc and none has materialised.

Sounds very unlucky xiaomi are good phones. If it was faulty out of the box, you can def return for a full refund from AliExpress and will cost about £12 to send back.
Sandy10121 h, 15 m ago

Sounds very unlucky xiaomi are good phones. If it was faulty out of the …Sounds very unlucky xiaomi are good phones. If it was faulty out of the box, you can def return for a full refund from AliExpress and will cost about £12 to send back.

They are cheap phones with good internals but I’m not sure they are quality. Where do you get tracked delivery for a phone for £12, that’s really cheap?
Dannyrobbo11 m ago

They are cheap phones with good internals but I’m not sure they are q …They are cheap phones with good internals but I’m not sure they are quality. Where do you get tracked delivery for a phone for £12, that’s really cheap?

Just took the weight and the phone in box is 395 grams
Royal mail charge £12.95 for signed for delivery to china (for this weight small parcel)
Not saying there the best quality but there very decent, and value for money its unbeatable
Edited by: "Sandy1012" 16th Jun
Sandy10122 h, 42 m ago

Just took the weight and the phone in box is 395 gramsRoyal mail charge …Just took the weight and the phone in box is 395 gramsRoyal mail charge £12.95 for signed for delivery to china (for this weight small parcel)Not saying there the best quality but there very decent, and value for money its unbeatable

Their standard option is only £50 insurance not sure how much more as I think they insure up to about £300. It’s usuwlly far more expensive to send anything with a Lithiumbattery.
Sandy101215 h, 17 m ago

Massively recommend the Redmi 5 Plus, its amazing, I cannot praise it …Massively recommend the Redmi 5 Plus, its amazing, I cannot praise it enough.Offical Global version with Band 20 from Aliexpress. Have purchased 3 of them over the last few months for family and friends.£105 3/32GB here£122 4/64GB here

Would you happen to know how to get the 4/64gb for the advertised price of £121?
I am actually considering buying it from Ebay - ebay.co.uk/itm…zfa

The price seems pretty decent and it means I won't have to pay customs charges. I can pay by Paypal etc etc!

What do you think?
brettytopbanana2 h, 19 m ago

Would you happen to know how to get the 4/64gb for the advertised price of …Would you happen to know how to get the 4/64gb for the advertised price of £121?

You select the gold colour from the link I gave, that colour $159 delivered, you can change currency at the top in settings to GBP comes to £119.67
brettytopbanana1 h, 19 m ago

I am actually considering buying it from Ebay - …I am actually considering buying it from Ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-SEALED-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-XIAOMI-REDMI-5-PLUS-64GB-BLACK-DUAL-SIM-GLOBAL/263527288010?hash=item3d5b734cca:g:mmIAAOSwY4tazzfaThe price seems pretty decent and it means I won't have to pay customs charges. I can pay by Paypal etc etc!What do you think?

Make sure it has band 20, ask the seller and if it does then its ok. If it doesnt then dont
Dannyrobbo19 h, 53 m ago

Maybe purchase a phone with better build quality Xiaomi is cheap for the …Maybe purchase a phone with better build quality Xiaomi is cheap for the specs you get but their build quality isn’t that good. The Oneplus range is better I think.

oh the irony of suggesting oneplus for build quailty priceless
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 17th Jun
Just ordered it from Ebay. £155 delivered to my local Argos. Look forward to receiving it now!
brettytopbanana2 h, 39 m ago

Just ordered it from Ebay. £155 delivered to my local Argos. Look forward …Just ordered it from Ebay. £155 delivered to my local Argos. Look forward to receiving it now!

that seller has some good feedback in a current xiaomi thread for the mix 2 iirc
edit: i see you posted there now nvm
Edited by: "brilly" 17th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants