I need a sander - and a chat about anything

Banned
I have alot of skirting and the stuff round the door to strip so dont want a bulky thing, any ideas?

I have posted this in misc and in nonsense

45 Comments

Yes, a piece of sandpaper, a block of wood, and elbow grease.

Original Poster Banned

t0mm;1559368

Yes, a piece of sandpaper, a block of wood, and elbow grease.

lol - looking for the slighly easier option t0mm

Why? Go the old fashioned way!

Cheeky minx, coronary indeed !

I was making a coffee.......................

Original Poster Banned

t0mm;1559374

Why? Go the old fashioned way!

because, i would like to finish the job before i die preferably

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1559376

Cheeky minx, coronary indeed !I was making a coffee.......................

lmfao - i will be believ you just this once

You need a ]detail sander or a ]mouse type sander.
(Sorry can't post pictures - so linked a couple of examples).
My wife liked her mouse and they work quite well; but as you can only use them one-handed you you can only do so much at a time. Detail sanders can be used two-handed, but I think are trickier to use.
Go to the DIY store and see what you feel comfortable holding.

Oh dear I answered the question and darn I'm still at work ... must go home...

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Try that.

looks small enough to sand the skirting

Original Poster Banned

oh thanks, yes something like that would be dandy, i take it you have to buy special paper for them?

Tesco's have a load of DIY stuff just come in and cheap !

You live too far away , there's a shed full of stuff down here you could borrow.

They should come with it sass

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1559388

Tesco's have a load of DIY stuff just come in and cheap !You live too far … Tesco's have a load of DIY stuff just come in and cheap !You live too far away , there's a shed full of stuff down here you could borrow.

awwww your such a sweetie, oooops must be careful we'll be getting the fruity patrol in:w00t:

Tesco same price as Argos actually around a tenner.

Original Poster Banned

t0mm;1559389

They should come with it sass

not enough for what i have to do:x

sassie;1559395

awwww your such a sweetie, oooops must be careful we'll be getting the … awwww your such a sweetie, oooops must be careful we'll be getting the fruity patrol in:w00t:

LOL put the tablets away now anyway. :oops:

You sanding down paint sassie ?

How many rep points do you need to edit posts? (Completely random)

t0mm;1559402

How many rep points do you need to edit posts? (Completely random)

Do you mean others posts if so I think it's been turned off mate

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1559399

LOL put the tablets away now anyway. :oops:

[COLOR="black"][COLOR="Red"]no, if they will help you take them - lol[/COLOR][/COLOR]

hottoshop;1559400

You sanding down paint sassie ?

[COLOR="red"]
yep, dirty job but someones got to do it, and that someone will always be me[/COLOR]

t0mm;1559402

How many rep points do you need to edit posts? (Completely … How many rep points do you need to edit posts? (Completely random)[COLOR="red"]dont think we can now t0mm[/COLOR]

You can use one of them heat blower thingies, they seem to make life a little easier.

You must wear a mask and goggles sassie on paint, may have high lead content and your kids love you !!!

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1559413

You can use one of them heat blower thingies, they seem to make life a … You can use one of them heat blower thingies, they seem to make life a little easier.You must wear a mask and goggles sassie on paint, may have high lead content and your kids love you !!!

I have brought some nitramoors to do, as the paint is real thick, so thought i would slap that on, scrape it off, then a quick sand over and sorted, you and ya maks ya kinky get

sassie;1559415

I have brought some nitramoors to do, as the paint is real thick, so … I have brought some nitramoors to do, as the paint is real thick, so thought i would slap that on, scrape it off, then a quick sand over and sorted, you and ya maks ya kinky get

NO me being serious,[SIZE="5"] WEAR A MASK !! OR ELSE !![/SIZE]

Nitromoors is viscious stuff !! Nasty but effective usually.
If it's that thick though I would be using a steel wire drill attachment. Will save you acres of time. Poundland usually sell them.

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1559425

NO me being serious,[SIZE="5"] WEAR A MASK !! OR ELSE … NO me being serious,[SIZE="5"] WEAR A MASK !! OR ELSE !![/SIZE]Nitromoors is viscious stuff !! Nasty but effective usually.If it's that thick though I would be using a steel wire drill attachment. Will save you acres of time. Poundland usually sell them.

I have used nitramors beofre, so im ok with that, i will be painting it once i have finished just want a better result than i would get if i had just given it a quick rub

Ah I see , thought you were taking it back to bare wood.

For future reference thought this is the thing that will save you loads of time with thick paint. Quite brutal though, lol
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/ordinaryphotos/hukdshowphoto/wirebrushsander.jpg

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1559429

Ah I see , thought you were taking it back to bare wood.For future … Ah I see , thought you were taking it back to bare wood.For future reference thought this is the thing that will save you loads of time with thick paint. Quite brutal though, lol

well it will probably not be the nicest of woods, so just want to get a smoother finish, although if you have seen me decorate you will see why it really is a waste of time, i may as well just glob it over whats there:oops:

Original Poster Banned

and me and power tools probably wouldnt go down well either

I had to take my house alarm off the wall today to strip behind it, i managed to get it off and strip behind it, without sirens going off - lol, only to fnd when i come to put it back up that the holes had crumbled, its now hanging on wall by three very loose screws as the fouth had completely crumbled, im dreading it falling of the wall, it will disturb half of shrewsbury if it goes off- lol

sassie;1559434

and me and power tools probably wouldnt go down well eitherI had to take … and me and power tools probably wouldnt go down well eitherI had to take my house alrm off the wall today to strip behind it, i managed to get it off and strip behind it, without sirens going off - lo, onlt to fnd when i come to put it back up that the holes had crunmbled, its now hanging on wall by three very loose screws as the fouth had completely crumbled, im dreading it falling of the wall, it will disturb half of shrews if it goes off- lol

LOL that's the sassie we all love !

OK on that note I'm going to try for some sleep as I'm feeling a bit tired. Will probably be back up in an hour though knowing me , lol.

Night sassie, been great chatting, take care and wear a mask.

Original Poster Banned

yeah me to you too, or summat like that, night xxxx

I used one of those hot air blower things once (trying to help out Hubby) and set the carpet on fire! So, no help what so ever in the end! :oops:

Let us know how you get on.

Banned

It'll take forever to sand down skirting with a detail sander. If the skirting is quite tall (greater than 10cm), then use a sheet sander or better still, a belt sander.

be careful if you use a heat blower scorching the wood isn't recommended, and hot paint missing your glove and going on your wrist hurts...make sure if sanding you start with rougher paper and work down to smoother to get a nice finish.

Original Poster Banned

Agent_Silver;1559789

be careful if you use a heat blower scorching the wood isn't recommended, … be careful if you use a heat blower scorching the wood isn't recommended, and hot paint missing your glove and going on your wrist hurts...make sure if sanding you start with rougher paper and work down to smoother to get a nice finish.

me and a heat gun, not really advisable, so wont be going there - lol

Good day young fellows!

And some... much older then me.

Nowthen nowthen young t0mm
Think it's about right to spoil sassie's thread as she totally spoilt my DS Wanted thread, the swine;-)

Original Poster Banned

donnydude;1560229

Nowthen nowthen young t0mmThink it's about right to spoil sassie's thread … Nowthen nowthen young t0mmThink it's about right to spoil sassie's thread as she totally spoilt my DS Wanted thread, the swine;-)

LOL- It wasnt me, was it:oops: I thought it was the man with plastic bags:w00t:

And a good afternoon to you t0mm:thumbsup:

So how did you today Sassie, any good ?

Did you get your sander ?

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1562480

So how did you today Sassie, any good ? Did you get your sander ?

eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm im afraid to say i have done nothing today, it is my weekend without little chap and i have chilled:oops:

sassie;1562484

eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm im afraid to say i have done nothing today, … eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm im afraid to say i have done nothing today, it is my weekend without little chap and i have chilled:oops:

Sorry was lost in a sea of scientology , lmao !

Glad you had a chillin' day, there's always tomorrow

morning sassies drunken thraed
yup i had a good night!

Finished yet ??
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions