I need a slick answer

Found 20th Dec 2017
Hi I've just purchased my first car need some help with what oil to buy and where is best to buy from.

I've had a quick Google and two answers keep popping up 5w30 and 0w30 so I'm not sure which would be best.

The car is a Ford Focus 1.5tdci 2015.

Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Seems as both are specified, after a quick Google ... Any synthetic oil, of either viscosity, would do but with the oil as thin as it'll be at that viscosity it won't hurt to change it at more frequent intervals, I've got a 2014 Focus, do services myself and change oil every 4,000 miles ...
Edited by: "virgil47" 20th Dec 2017

Original Poster

virgil474 m ago

Seems as both are specified, after a quick Google ... Any synthetic oil, …Seems as both are specified, after a quick Google ... Any synthetic oil, of either viscosity, would do but with the oil as thin as it'll be at that viscosity it won't hurt to change it at more frequent intervals, I've got a 2014 Focus, do services myself and change oil every 4,000 miles ...

Yeah I'm planning to have regular services also but will leave that to someone more qualified than I Thanks for the answer btw.

I tend to wait until the offers come in on HUKD as they inevitably do and then buy in bulk (ish) ... 4 or 5 4/5 litre packs

Check here for oil type and many of parts specific to your vehicle opieoils.co.uk/veh…BwE

I was gonna suggest opieoils too, I'm using motul in my car, however you will need low ash oil as you have diesel with dpf. I'm not an expert, worth looking into manual.
Edited by: "mariolj" 20th Dec 2017

virgil474 m ago

DPF lol

Yes dpf, diesel particular filter to be more specific, I was on my mobile, error caused by auto correction happy?

Yes I'm happy, it's Christmas, no time to be short tempered, bad time of the month eh?

use a decent brand of oil, low sap and the right spec for your car.

mas997 h, 21 m ago

use a decent brand of oil, low sap and the right spec for your car.

Sap ?

It will tell you in owners manual which oil to use. I've owned various ford's, petrol and diesel and all 5w-40... I buy my oil from Halfords (own brand) and it will be on offer in the next week if following form. £9 for 4lt.. Bargain.. but sometimes it's £11..watch out here for posting.. I also read that Havoline make the oils for ford.. You can buy Havoline oils from texaco. Morrisons garages and sometimes in store.. Also people use different spec oils because they get obsessed with it, and think it will help there engine. Winter grade oil. Summer grade oil or for performance... I just follow the spec in owners book and top up with either oils I mentioned above
Edited by: "wayners" 23rd Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions