Groups
    EXPIRED

I need advice on a samsung laptop that won't boot up please

Samsung R519 has power but doesn't boot up

12 Comments

need a bit more info, power or windows problem. what version of windows?

Original Poster

there is power but the laptops just shows a blank black screen. And it is windows 7

Probably a motherboard issue if you can't even get to BIOS

nemesiz

Try this.

OP hasn't confirmed if he can access / see the boot (bios) screen

OP hasn't confirmed if he can access / see the boot (bios) screen

True. Although this is an option when the laptop goes into Sleep mode, and is inaccessible. Most blank screen problems are caused by this issue, usually by a faulty software update, incorrectly shutting down, or entering sleep mode. As long as the user follows the guide up to step 2, it will provide access to see if the error lies with a software or hardware fault as they can simply save and close the bios without amending the setttings, or enter safe mode (F8) as it boots up again.

Edited by: "nemesiz" 14th Dec 2014

Try taking the battery out of the back for a few minutes then putting it back in, solved one of mine. Good luck

have you plugged in a hdmi cable and hooked it up to your tv to see if its a screen issue?

try taking the battery completely out. then connect the mains charger and try boot from there with the battery still removed

Take the battery off, plug the charger in, take off your pants, stand on your head, try that. Works like a charm

Original Poster

thanks for the answers I havent tried entering the bios and will give that a shot.

Original Poster

I tried accessing bios but still got blank screen.
    This laptop hasn't got a hdmi connection but I tried connecting it to pc monitor but no luck, and also trying it without the battery in it didn't work either.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1835
      2. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2733
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974

See more discussions