Expired

I need an Animated fountain gif - please!!!!

27 replies
Found 16th Feb 2007
Hi all,
I'm just seeting up my very first website and am looking for a fountain piccy or gif to use as a logo.

I've done countless google searches and come up with nothing thats usable.
Anyone know where I can get one from? Or have one they could kindly donate me?:-D

I'm looking for a photo / image of a fountain (pref monochrome) or a nice gif that looks good enough to put on the first page of a jewellery website.

As soon as my shops up and running I'll even give a discount as a prize to the person who can find me one!

Thanks in advance! Kel

28 Comments

noellepapillon.com/psp…tml

Don't know how good you are at photoshopping but you could shop that gif to get rid of her watermark, orfollow her guide to make your own, if you follow the guide, you'd still have to find a suitable base picture though.

Google's not ideal for this sort of pursuit.

If you're looking for good FREE royalty free images I can point you in the direction of [url]www.sxc.hu[/url], you'll have to sign up (dead easy) to get the top quality downloads.

Or alternatively there's the brilliant [url]www.yotophoto.com[/url]

With each image I'd recommend looking at the usage restrictions given by the photographer to avoid issues. Most however don't place restrictions but often ask to see where their work is being used.

You could then Photoshop anything if it needs tweaking i.e. monochrome (which I don't mind doing if you find something).

I tend to use iStockphoto.com as they tend to have the most professional shots for my design work but you'll have to pay a small fee for downloads.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Might just take you up on that MBeeching - your designs are fab!

if you go to gifanimations.com they have many good ideas
please let me know if its useful
regards

Original Poster

tried there thedon - nothing of any use
but thanks for letting me know!

Original Poster

the animation that pawsntails posted is perfect (well from the bowl up) - just depends on wether they will let me use it or not

Original Poster

Is Kasamba any good for finding graphic designers?
I need a fountain plus my business name in a pretty font (Jewellery Fountain)

Hey:

http://www.stationcrafts.net/footnotes/pics/fountain.gif

Original Poster

thanks MattC - was looking for something like
noellepapillon.com/psp…tml

but nice pic - you can make a fortune selling that on some websites! lol!

or for a jewellery shop, even more appropriate:

http://www.holidaylightsandmagic.com/images/product/Large%20Display/FLT3-20GSA%20Purple%20Fountain%20Animated.gif

Original Poster

where did you get that from? and how many millions of copyrights does it have? lol!

You can see it now!?

I google imaged it with the following string:

filetype:gif animated fountain

type that ^^ in google images, and ta dah!!!

Original Poster

nice one! will try that in a minute - just trying to negociate a deal to get my logo / name designed

Original Poster

pawsntails

http://www.noellepapillon.com/psptutorials/fountain.htmlDon't know how … http://www.noellepapillon.com/psptutorials/fountain.htmlDon't know how good you are at photoshopping but you could shop that gif to get rid of her watermark, orfollow her guide to make your own, if you follow the guide, you'd still have to find a suitable base picture though.

OK after paying someone $50 to make me one and ending up with... well... something diabolical, I've decided to take pawsntails advice and make my own - taking me a bit longer as I'm giving my self a sink or swim lesson in photoshop but appears to be coming along.

But heres the thing... none of the old links on the page work anymore so I can find the demos I need. Can anyone help?

I need Eye Candy 4000 (with a working jiggle function) and Gregs Pool Shadow.

I've posted this question on justanswers.com and the first person to find me either a link to a demo of eye candy 4000 (that works and has the usable jiggle function) or email me ...ahem.. another usable version :whistling: can go claim my $9 reward.

Not a lot but it will buy you lunch - lol!

Alternatively any know how to replicate the effects of jiggle using another programme - I found a great answer to this on a forum yesterday but forgot to add it to favorites and cant find it again:oops:

Kel

Original Poster

I've tried the download.com one - it doesnt download all their links are expired / broken (even the report broken links button! lol!)

But thanks for the Gregs Pool Shadow!:thumbsup:

You are more than welcome to claim my $9 on justanswers

Just need EyeCandy 4000 now - or any eye candy demo with the jiggle function
....anyone?

Keep the $9 it only took a second and I only found one link, just remember me when your rich *winks*

Banned

I have removed the watermark of the fountain 1st posted by pawnstail if you want it...

There is a reason why most websites do not use animated gifs, if you really nead a fountain learn some flash to create something that wont hurt peoples eyes and clog bandwidth.

angelkelly

Just need EyeCandy 4000 now - or any eye candy demo with the jiggle … Just need EyeCandy 4000 now - or any eye candy demo with the jiggle function....anyone?

I've got Eye Candy 4000 at work but never been intrigued to use the jiggle filter. What does it do? And if so do you want me to jiggle something for you

Original Poster

Hi - I think it just adds a sparkly / bubbly water affect on a certain setting.

Is it possible for me to email you the image for you to jiggle?
Do you think it will still work when I reload it?

Just lost my first lot as the comp crashed and I hadnt saved it:oops:
But shouldnt take me too long to do another and email it

Thanks,
Kel

Original Poster

pawsntails

Keep the $9 it only took a second and I only found one link, just … Keep the $9 it only took a second and I only found one link, just remember me when your rich *winks*

I will! As soon as I'm up and running I'll post a discount voucher to everyone who has helped me along the way

Really appreciate the find!:thumbsup:
Thanks

Is it an image or an animated gif? I must confess I have no experience with animated images as I'm a print designer. Though I'll be starting web design in the next couple of months.

Original Poster

I'm not really sure - it appears to be an image but I think jiggle is some type of animation device?

My first time ever working with anything beyond paint so I do know how to activate it as an animation if it is one

When I redo it I'll email it to you and we'll see

angelkelly

I will! As soon as I'm up and running I'll post a discount voucher to … I will! As soon as I'm up and running I'll post a discount voucher to everyone who has helped me along the way

You'll not be able to do that here as it would be classed as self-promotion, which we don't allow... :whistling:

Original Poster

OK no probs,

Can I mail it to individuals that have helped me? Or is that against the rules?

angelkelly

OK no probs,Can I mail it to individuals that have helped me? Or is that … OK no probs,Can I mail it to individuals that have helped me? Or is that against the rules?

You probably can...

Original Poster

Yay! I got jiggle - lol!

Heres the link just incase anyone else is having the same problems - its the eye candy special edition complete with jiggle:

pircnet.com/dow…exe

And it only cost me four days and $9! Bargain:roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769555
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849
    4. Add one, leave one game54415461

See more discussions