Found 24th Oct 2008
i feel really peed of today mainly because of us having to cancel our holiday,then not getting the freebie
also i have been stuck in this house all week with my son with chickenpox
and lastly our house is such a mess,there is so much that needs doing and we dont have the time or money to do it ,we have no plaster and the walls on the hall stairs and landing its down to bare brick
we were supposed to be having a new kitchen put in last year and we are still waiting its falling apart and getting me down

i need cheering up

63 Comments

It could be a lot worse... your dog could've died :lol:

awww we're in the same position qnd it gets me down too. hope you cheer up soon x

I thought my day was bad!

Original Poster

modoc;3276380

It could be a lot worse... your dog could've died :lol:

it smells like it has

Buy a lottery ticket today! you never know! it cant get any worse!

edjaned;3276388

it smells like it has

lol

]you have to smile at this

cheer up hon - rome wasnt built in a day and all that - its friday - smile

Original Poster

lyndsbowes;3276384

awww we're in the same position qnd it gets me down too. hope you cheer … awww we're in the same position qnd it gets me down too. hope you cheer up soon x

my partner always makes a good start on jobs in the house but then as time goes on his effort gets less and less until in the end sweet f.a gets done
i just want it done so we can have some carpet in the hall and on stairs for the 1st time in 2 and a half years :oops:

edjaned;3276417

my partner always makes a good start on jobs in the house but then as … my partner always makes a good start on jobs in the house but then as time goes on his effort gets less and less until in the end sweet f.a gets donei just want it done so we can have some carpet in the hall and on stairs for the 1st time in 2 and a half years :oops:

well my hubby never starts he's useless lol so i start and can't finish :roll:

edjaned;3276417

my partner always makes a good start on jobs in the house but then as … my partner always makes a good start on jobs in the house but then as time goes on his effort gets less and less until in the end sweet f.a gets donei just want it done so we can have some carpet in the hall and on stairs for the 1st time in 2 and a half years :oops:

you make a start on it - make sure o/h is in when you do - then keep saying 'is this how you do it' ........hopefully he will get fed up of you asking and take over - believe me it works:whistling:

edjaned;3276417

Why dont you write to:

bbc.co.uk/hom…tml

edjaned;3276388

it smells like it has

Made me laugh :-D

ive grown up in houses like that and mess all my life.. and im not a happy go lucky person either, but hey i guess it could be worse.. least you have your loving family. so keep smiling. and hope your kiddy gets better soon, so you can pop out for some fresh air!!

ifyoudontask?;3276405

Buy a lottery ticket today! you never know! it cant get any worse!

It could if your numbers came up and you lost the ticket :-D

edjaned;3276417

You could set fire to the house and do an insurance job! :thumbsup:

kemo;3276462

It could if your numbers came up and you lost the ticket :-D

Your right, with her luck anything is possible!:-D

Original Poster

ifyoudontask?;3276455

Why dont you write … Why dont you write to:http://www.bbc.co.uk/homes/tv_and_radio/cr_index.shtml

i would if u didnt have to go on tv :oops:

Original Poster

ifyoudontask?;3276465

You could set fire to the house and do an insurance job! :thumbsup:

i dont have any insurance :oops:
im just renting,will have to et some contents insuranse sorted out :oops:

Original Poster

holly100;3276412

]you have to smile at thischeer up hon - rome wasnt built in a day and … ]you have to smile at thischeer up hon - rome wasnt built in a day and all that - its friday - smile

lol i love that one and the quad babies laughing :thumbsup:
if only my screen was working again after baby poured coke on it i could watch the vids properly then :oops: lol

Banned

edjaned;3276495

i dont have any insurance :oops:im just renting,will have to et some … i dont have any insurance :oops:im just renting,will have to et some contents insuranse sorted out :oops:

no offence but where the hell are you renting from??

Landlords have a legal obligation to supply you with a decent home. bare brick doesnt sound decent to me.............

edjaned;3276477

i would if u didnt have to go on tv :oops:

Ok, im going to the shop in 15 mins, i will buy a scratch card for you and i promis to give you the the winnings if it wins. Just because i feel so sorry for you and you could do with some luck:thumbsup:!

Original Poster

dimebars;3276536

no offence but where the hell are you renting from??Landlords have a … no offence but where the hell are you renting from??Landlords have a legal obligation to supply you with a decent home. bare brick doesnt sound decent to me.............

im renting from a housing association they are useless
we have spent last 2 months with only 2 plug sockets for the whole house and there are 7 of us here
we took house on as we were under the impression we could buy it but once we applied in paper we were refused because we were 3 weeks of the date they allow u to buy,they only let u buy houses bought or built by the association after april 97 ours was bought march 97 :x
should of bought our other house we were offered that for 64000 :oops:

Banned

edjaned;3276589

im renting from a housing association they are uselesswe have spent last … im renting from a housing association they are uselesswe have spent last 2 months with only 2 plug sockets for the whole house and there are 7 of us herewe took house on as we were under the impression we could buy it but once we applied in paper we were refused because we were 3 weeks of the date they allow u to buy,they only let u buy houses bought or built by the association after april 97 ours was bought march 97 :xshould of bought our other house we were offered that for 64000 :oops:

sounds to me as if they are not providing proper accommodation for you and your family.

get onto Citizens Advice. They shouldnt be allowed to rent hell-holes (no offence)

Original Poster

ifyoudontask?;3276565

Ok, im going to the shop in 15 mins, i will buy a scratch card for you … Ok, im going to the shop in 15 mins, i will buy a scratch card for you and i promis to give you the the winnings if it wins. Just because i feel so sorry for you and you could do with some luck:thumbsup:!

lol thanks,
but my probs could be alot worse at least we are all healthy :thumbsup:

edjaned;3276589

im renting from a housing association they are uselesswe have spent last … im renting from a housing association they are uselesswe have spent last 2 months with only 2 plug sockets for the whole house and there are 7 of us herewe took house on as we were under the impression we could buy it but once we applied in paper we were refused because we were 3 weeks of the date they allow u to buy,they only let u buy houses bought or built by the association after april 97 ours was bought march 97 :xshould of bought our other house we were offered that for 64000 :oops:

Could be worse your broadband connection could drop. :-D

Nah on a serious note If I were you I'd withdraw paying my rent until the above work has been carried out. No one should have to live in conditions like that. . Go to your local council to arrange alternative accomadation. Good Luck :thumbsup:

if they dont carry out works within a specified time frame im sure you are entitled to get the work done yourself and bill the housing assosciation

cheer up janet at least ppl havent laughed at u recently on the drive thru

edjaned;3276417

Why not apply to DIY SOS? I know this may sound really silly but you never know, it has to happen to someone, and it may give you something else to look forward to.

bbc.co.uk/hom…tml

acecatcher3;3276653

cheer up janet at least ppl havent laughed at u recently on the drive … cheer up janet at least ppl havent laughed at u recently on the drive thru

:-D

Original Poster

dimebars;3276603

sounds to me as if they are not providing proper accommodation for you … sounds to me as if they are not providing proper accommodation for you and your family.get onto Citizens Advice. They shouldnt be allowed to rent hell-holes (no offence)

i know this sounds stupid
yes it is a dive but they have an answer for everything
firstly we choose to change the door frames as the old ones were metal and looked a mess so some plaster fell of then,the rest has fallen of when we have been stripping the paper.they have told us that if we have been using a steam stripper then its our fault the plaster has fallen of,and if they send someone here to fix we will be charged anyway they are all cowboys that work for them which is why we have been doing it ourselves

my partner has reboarded the walls but they need someone to plaster/skim them now and thats what we cant afford at the mo

our kitchen is disgusting!they have said it will deffinatly be done by april

Original Poster

ifyoudontask?;3276666

:-D

yeah lol i suppose im greatful for that
thanks for the reminder though lol

i feel for you,hope all gets sorted,this place was a dive when we moved in a year ago,weve just managed to sort the bottom floor and the bathroom,its a 4 bed 3 storey so gonna take us yonks!
have a hug and smile things could be much worse eh x

edjaned;3276589

2 working plug sockets in the whole house... this can't be true, are you serious?

In this day and age I honestly find that a bit hard to believe. I know that some associations are bad, but for you to have been living with 2 fully functioning plug sockets is unbelievable.

Can I ask what happened to the rest of the sockets?

Original Poster

i would put pics up but to embarassed

edjaned;3276695

i would put pics up but to embarassed

well here ya go,this was my downstairs loo,a wonderful gloss red mural left by the previous ppl to "encourage" their son not to pee in the garden,I would of thought a poster on the back of the door would of done the job but hey ho!
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/house010-1.jpg
These were the walls beneath the 7 layers of wallpaper we peeled off......
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/house016.jpgHad to have the whole lot replastered,now it cant be as bad as my power ranger surely???? must admit it was a good talking point when we first moved in lolol

Original Poster

modoc;3276684

2 working plug sockets in the whole house... this can't be true, are you … 2 working plug sockets in the whole house... this can't be true, are you serious? In this day and age I honestly find that a bit hard to believe. I know that some associations are bad, but for you to have been living with 2 fully functioning plug sockets is unbelievable.Can I ask what happened to the rest of the sockets?

honestly it has gone on for 2 and a half months
we have one double plug socket in kitchen,one double in utility room as for the rest of the house no electrics,still got the light though just all plug sockets of,no plug sockets upstairs

it says why on this thread

hotukdeals.com/ite…r-/

when we moved in we had bare wires sticking out of the walls i complained but tey never turned up to repair so my partner repaired it

edjaned;3276671

i know this sounds stupid yes it is a dive but they have an answer for … i know this sounds stupid yes it is a dive but they have an answer for everythingfirstly we choose to change the door frames as the old ones were metal and looked a mess so some plaster fell of then,the rest has fallen of when we have been stripping the paper.they have told us that if we have been using a steam stripper then its our fault the plaster has fallen of,and if they send someone here to fix we will be charged anyway they are all cowboys that work for them which is why we have been doing it ourselves my partner has reboarded the walls but they need someone to plaster/skim them now and thats what we cant afford at the moour kitchen is disgusting!they have said it will deffinatly be done by april

???? metal door frames? sounds like a prison wing! :-D

edjaned;3276782

honestly it has gone on for 2 and a half monthswe have one double plug … honestly it has gone on for 2 and a half monthswe have one double plug socket in kitchen,one double in utility room as for the rest of the house no electrics,still got the light though just all plug sockets of,no plug sockets upstairsit says why on this threadhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/263483/electrician-help-needed-dishwasher-/when we moved in we had bare wires sticking out of the walls i complained but tey never turned up to repair so my partner repaired it

Thats shocking (no pun intended :-D). Surely the association must have some sort of ombudsman or someone that they have to answer to. Have you tried contacting Citizens Advice. In this day and age that is not acceptable.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amazon deliveries24
    2. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    3. Computer upgrades89
    4. Invisalign dental braces in London22

See more discussions