I need help choosing between two laptops

I need to choose between two Lenovo laptops

this is the first one: pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml
this is the second one: pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml

Graphic card is the main priority for me.

Thanks !

6 Comments

The one with the Intel Iris has marginally better GPU and CPU but you'll likely be on 720p and low-med resolutions for it.

If graphics (and gaming) are the overwhelmingly biggest priority for a laptop there may be better laptops around for £650

you should check the Acer aspire f15 from very. Better graphics card and an ssd for £550 once £100 credit is claimed.

Original Poster

stocksy82

you should check the Acer aspire f15 from very. Better graphics card and … you should check the Acer aspire f15 from very. Better graphics card and an ssd for £550 once £100 credit is claimed.

​I would do that but I have a gift card from pc world it seems a great laptop that one

Original Poster

abigsmurf

The one with the Intel Iris has marginally better GPU and CPU but you'll … The one with the Intel Iris has marginally better GPU and CPU but you'll likely be on 720p and low-med resolutions for it.If graphics (and gaming) are the overwhelmingly biggest priority for a laptop there may be better laptops around for £650

​that is so true but it seems difficult to find good graphics on 13.3 or 14 inch laptops (for a decent price of course)

rotaroo

​that is so true but it seems difficult to find good graphics on 13.3 or 1 … ​that is so true but it seems difficult to find good graphics on 13.3 or 14 inch laptops (for a decent price of course)

Unfortunately a lot of game developers just aren't interested in having their games run on low power consumption hardware and only target the big, hot and power hungry stuff which is the opposite to what the average portable laptop buyer wants.

If it's only the size you need then you can get 13" gaming laptops like the Alienware 13 but they're not going to be lightweight or last a long time on battery.

The average laptop averages under 10W for most tasks going up to 25-30W under full load. I don't know what you would consider 'good graphics', but something like a GTX 1060 laptop will consume 80-100W while gaming.

You can't put that many times the heat into the same space without major compromises. Either you have screaming fans or heavy and extensive radiators. It's remarkable the difference is as small as it is, and I'm sure the high price tag has something to do with that.

Until game companies start developing for normal laptops good graphics are always going to be an unsatisfactory trade-off if you want portability.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 22nd Nov 2016

Original Poster

I am aware that amazing performance on portable devices is almost impossible to obtain. By good graphics I mean mid-range cards but significantly better than integrated ones
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?46
    2. Cheap Windows Phone22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1015
    4. USC voucher code pls?11

See more discussions